jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Leavenworth echo. (Leavenworth, Wash.), 21 July 1905.

000aaa.jpg

000bbb.jpg
https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...teor&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

Upvote 0

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Be a good one to rework the tailings of.

danec71

Oct 14, 2014
washington
Detector(s) used
At gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a mining claim right on the side of that thing. And three more up behind it. There’s not much left of the stamp mill except for some of the big timber that held the stamps inside. Lotta history and cool stuff to see up behind. And there was some very rich or taken out of there. Matter fact I have a tunnel at the top where you can go in and find Gold on quiartz it’s small but it’s there. And if you know where to look up in the hills you can find taling piles and search through them and find small bits of quartz with a speck of gold or two.Unfortunately between me and the other guy up there it’s all claimed up. A lot of nuggets eroded down on this side of the Gulch and the other side of the Gulch into Negro Creek.Cool to see this on here

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a mining claim right on the side of that thing. And three more up behind it. There’s not much left of the stamp mill except for some of the big timber that held the stamps inside. Lotta history and cool stuff to see up behind. And there was some very rich or taken out of there. Matter fact I have a tunnel at the top where you can go in and find Gold on quiartz it’s small but it’s there. And if you know where to look up in the hills you can find taling piles and search through them and find small bits of quartz with a speck of gold or two.Unfortunately between me and the other guy up there it’s all claimed up. A lot of nuggets eroded down on this side of the Gulch and the other side of the Gulch into Negro Creek.Cool to see this on here

Whoa danec71, that's cool. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I've seen you post much on the forum, what part are you usually on? After all, I'd love to hear, more about the blewett area. I've read history and poked around up there a couple times but never found much except on one of the NCW Prospectors claims on Peshastin between Scotty and Negro. That's where I found my first gold. Seems like there are a lot of new claims up there. Would love to hear and tips, bits of knowledge, experience you've got.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been.... 8-)

What equipment have you been using?
And have you had good results?
The reason I ask is old Ray up in Juneau and a number of other guys are working the old tailings from the AJ mines old stamp mill and do pretty well.
If you haven't seen any of his vids I can post a link to a couple of them if your curious.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened to the ore after the crush. Plays a very important role in if the tailings are worth it.

In major hardrock areas I would be after ore piles and waste rock piles. Stuff that hadn't been crushed or processed.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread