relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Picked up a used t2 classic with extra coils- 13? ultimate and 5? in addition to the stock elliptical. My first field hunt Saturday was awkward and there was awful interference with my Mi6 pp. the plain Garrett pro pointer has minor interference with the ultimate coil. Anyway, I stopped at a field that?s on my way home from work to swing for a few minutes. First two targets shotgun headstamps. Third target was a strong 87 TID. I figured it a coin but was surprised it was a large cent at about 7?. Pretty toasted -can?t make out much but leaning toward 1830?s. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 21

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Nice. I'm thinking a Matron Head. I first glanced at pic #4 and thought it was a Rosa but you can see what looks like a wreath on the reverse and the Matron neck and low curl on the obverse.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hard to tell but I'm inclined to think Matron- great find regardless!

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’ve found maybe a dozen LC’s in this general area and most were late 1700 to early 1800.this one is the most pitted I’ve found. Probably from fertilizer. My earliest coin a 1729 KG I , I believe. In very nice condition, plus a 1756 KG I I.
This is Northwest NJ.
It does end a year long slump of finding old copper.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you take a toothpick to it or use Andrea?s pencils or so to the little and lemon juice or maybe a little electrologist. Let?s get that date

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread