vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post. So, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Nevada for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from GENERAL DISCUSSION over to NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS for more exposure.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Las Vegas, NV and wondering if anyone knows of any potential MD targets out here? I'm also curious if there are any treasure legends in this area? Any feedback would be great, Thanks!
There are plenty in every stat, you just have to look, or join a club.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rooster welcome to Treasurenet

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNet!

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome aboard! :skullflag:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! This is a great forum with lots of information and knowledge!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Las Vegas, NV and wondering if anyone knows of any potential MD targets out here? I'm also curious if there are any treasure legends in this area? Any feedback would be great, Thanks!
Welcome!

Spent half my childhood in n Vegas. Head out past the old Vegas Village location, straight towards Nellis AFB past the homeless camps you won't believe the stuff even today. The library used to be excellent for research. Look for info on Louie Armstrong, black Las Vegas, and other black entertainers trying to start a black section of the strip. Lots of lost history there. If you're real ambitious check around the signs & guard rails on the old highway out of town towards Cali. Was common for guys to bury some cash on the way in in case they lost it all, they had gas money home (confirmed fact three recoveries). Out in the hills past Henderson was the dumping grounds for the guys that welched on their markers, and is an excellent area for rock hounds. Out behind Sam's Town on Boulder Hwy there's rumored to be several caches, but I don't put much faith in those. Take a few sammiches, cigarettes & sodas out past the homeless camps beyond n l v and talk to the desert rats & homeless guys they'll put you on to some good info. County library & Clark County Historical Society are a gold mine if you spend the time!

Here's a great one! Behind 729 N First by where the workshop foundation is/was there's a couple small jars of silver & wheats (I put there 62 years ago) & the alley between the house and the motel is a coin shooters dream. Sixty plus years of stuff thrown out the motel windows and us mischievous kids throwing pennies at the motel to wake up the people. Well, that's all I got time for. Get out there & get it before they build it over!

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Carson City. I never run into anyone MD up here.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!

Spent half my childhood in n Vegas. Head out past the old Vegas Village location, straight towards Nellis AFB past the homeless camps you won't believe the stuff even today. The library used to be excellent for research. Look for info on Louie Armstrong, black Las Vegas, and other black entertainers trying to start a black section of the strip. Lots of lost history there. If you're real ambitious check around the signs & guard rails on the old highway out of town towards Cali. Was common for guys to bury some cash on the way in in case they lost it all, they had gas money home (confirmed fact three recoveries). Out in the hills past Henderson was the dumping grounds for the guys that welched on their markers, and is an excellent area for rock hounds. Out behind Sam's Town on Boulder Hwy there's rumored to be several caches, but I don't put much faith in those. Take a few sammiches, cigarettes & sodas out past the homeless camps beyond n l v and talk to the desert rats & homeless guys they'll put you on to some good info. County library & Clark County Historical Society are a gold mine if you spend the time!

Here's a great one! Behind 729 N First by where the workshop foundation is/was there's a couple small jars of silver & wheats (I put there 62 years ago) & the alley between the house and the motel is a coin shooters dream. Sixty plus years of stuff thrown out the motel windows and us mischievous kids throwing pennies at the motel to wake up the people. Well, that's all I got time for. Get out there & get it before they build it over!
Glad to see someone else knows how to spell"Sammitch"!

OP
OP
Rooster 777

Rooster 777

Jun 5, 2022
Las Vegas, NV
Welcome!

Great intel, thanks!!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions