Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The half reals are from separate sites, so the soils have treated them a little differently. The big D-buckle is clad with sheet-silver, which has sprung free. The circular buckle, is the first I've found. It's about 1" diameter and I'm curious about it's age and what it might have been on. The true mystery item is the pewter(?) fragment, that I photographed in my hand. Having one curved side and one side flat, reminds me of a canteen shape, but I have no idea what it might be a part of.

Thanks for looking.

group 1.jpg
half reals obverse.jpg half reals reverse.jpg
hibernia obverse.jpg hibernia reverse.jpg
One of my best coppers and I nailed King George III right in the face.:BangHead: I never do that!
silver clad buckle 1.jpg silver clad buckle 3.jpg
round buckle front.jpg round buckle back.jpg
silver button.jpg
mystery 1.jpg mystery 2.jpg

Upvote 34

40 Rounds

Nov 26, 2016
Iowa
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO, EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Soil conditions can be weird...I have found coins that have an awesome patina and at the same area a little ways away look like they have been bathing in battery acid...go figure.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soil conditions can be weird...I have found coins that have an awesome patina and at the same area a little ways away look like they have been bathing in battery acid...go figure.
agreed

OP
OP
Lost Signal

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Record ID: LANCUM-B3BEE9 - POST MEDIEVAL vessel (finds.org.uk)
We find those lead bird feeders/holy water stoup's over here in the UK, never seen one found in the US. Normally at least 17th C.

Wow, I had no expectation of getting an ID on that dented piece of lead. Thank you! The site, where I found it is probably early 18th century. It has produced a number of late 17th century buckles, so the bird feeder would fit the time period.

I followed up on your link and found this part of the PAS website has a little more info on the feeders. https://finds.org.uk/counties/finds...eeders-inkwells-and-other-small-lead-vessels/

Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread