Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, been a while !!!!
Still detecting just not talking about it much.................. anyway, still getting decent finds with Equinox,, but am about to go for a Deus 2 WS6 master... Any last minute advice from you guys ?
Is it a good machine ? good package WS6?? ..... Hoping it will take it to another level. I rarely am anywhere near beaches so i guessed the full package was overkill
Anyone.....

cheers???
AD

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still detecting just not talking about it much.................. anyway, still getting decent finds with Equinox,, but am about to go for a Deus 2 WS6 master... Any last minute advice from you guys ?
Is it a good machine ? good package WS6?? ..... Hoping it will take it to another level. I rarely am anywhere near beaches so i guessed the full package was overkill
Anyone.....

cheers???
AD
Well I have had the Deus ll ( same package,WSAIIXL wireless headphones) for 5 weeks now, and am still a complete newbie on the inner workings and programs off the machine.
I prefer the cup headphones as ears are sensitive to cold/wind.

I have only hunted previous well hunted sites to see if it would sniff out a find or 2.
I'm pleasantly pleased to say the least.
In the iron patches it preforms well, just running the general program at the moment, right out of the box.
It defiantly has great separation abilities over the Deus l in the iron, digging 85% less iron.

In areas that are more open (target separation) the other Deus held it's own.
Good depth has been achieved, iron mixed in the hole-yet it locks on the non-ferrous target.
The target ID stays on the same # from the first detection to retrieval-no matter what depth.

Example: Site that I have hitting it for 6 yrs, last 3 times was a piece of foil, no other targets except lots of iron.
The area might be 1/3 acre at most. (main concentration of targets)
Deus 11 in a little over a 1.25 hours time.
Rumble bell, watch winder, lead, spoon handle, and misc brass/copper items.
Field is in corn stubble still.

hound

Sep 19, 2018
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone.....

cheers???
AD
Yes, wait. Minelab is making announcements on 1 Dec. Considering how close it is you've got nothing to lose by waiting a few days to see what they announce.

OP
OP
AstralDruid

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for those replies...
So it seems to be better than the original Deus,, which is good, if somewhat expected...:icon_thumleft:

Didn't know the Aussies have another card to play.... seems a bit odd,, right on the back of the Manticore ??... But i will take that advice and see what happens on Thursday.....

Fairdinkum....🤞

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd wait for the Manticore to get some use and reviews before I'd buy a Deus. Right now there are videos showing the Manticore deeper than Deus 2. Of course I do like Minelab.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for those replies...
So it seems to be better than the original Deus,, which is good, if somewhat expected...:icon_thumleft:

Didn't know the Aussies have another card to play.... seems a bit odd,, right on the back of the Manticore ??... But i will take that advice and see what happens on Thursday.....

Fairdinkum....🤞
What does the Aussies have to do with the release?
I always thought the parent company was France.
Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 11.13.07 AM.png

OP
OP
AstralDruid

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi pepper,, the Aussies was a reference to Minelab... (context my friend context)...not XP, who are indeed local to me..

I'd wait for the Manticore to get some use and reviews before I'd buy a Deus. Right now there are videos showing the Manticore deeper than Deus 2. Of course I do like Minelab.
i like minelab too, but think the manticore is a bit samey !!!
going to wait for the update from the Aussies....

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi pepper,, the Aussies was a reference to Minelab... (context my friend context)...not XP, who are indeed local to me..

i like minelab too, but think the manticore is a bit samey !!!
going to wait for the update from the Aussies....
Ya I guess I read that wrong. Me bad.
After running Minelab from the original Explorer to the CTX.
I don't think I'll go back, I was thinking of waiting until this new came out, but with the multiple issues I decided to go with the Deus again.

OP
OP
AstralDruid

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Astral, I though metal detecting was illegal in France?
Hello...... not illegal, just complicated. Been stopped by the local Gendarmes a few times, but they can't really do anything.... as long as you use the force...
2pq3k9.jpg

OP
OP
AstralDruid

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looking at it from a purely business/logic angle,, Minelab can't seriously have another ready to go machine in the pipeline,,, after already touring the world with the Manticore and all the logistics etc... around it's launch !. Surely they would have hit the market with a double whammy ??? makes no sense to me. They will perhaps announce something minor, upgrades or whatever, but surely not another machine which will compete with the manticore ..... I could be wrong.:BangHead:

hound

Sep 19, 2018
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looking at it from a purely business/logic angle,, Minelab can't seriously have another ready to go machine in the pipeline,,, after already touring the world with the Manticore and all the logistics etc... around it's launch !. Surely they would have hit the market with a double whammy ??? makes no sense to me. They will perhaps announce something minor, upgrades or whatever, but surely not another machine which will compete with the manticore ..... I could be wrong.:BangHead:
Now this is just a guess but an updated Equinox 600/800 possibly with multiIQ+, or a CTX3030 upgrade to go along with the Manticore release. We'll find out soon.

Edit: As of today the Manticore is shipping according to their facebook page.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AstralDruid

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now this is just a guess but an updated Equinox 600/800 possibly with multiIQ+, or a CTX3030 upgrade to go along with the Manticore release. We'll find out soon.

Edit: As of today the Manticore is shipping according to their facebook page.
yeah...... some sort of Equinox refresh is a good gamble....
If you were in-charge of the purse strings down under, and your team came along and said............. "we're gonna release a dinky di detector , do a tour and create a bit of a hoo haa",,, ""then we're gonna go and do it all again a few weeks layder..sport"...... what do you think ??? ...
I can imagine Bruce giving Scotty a clip round the ear hole....

(excuse my stereotypical chatter, trying to create a scene)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread