Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone! Today was a real rainout. I got out this morning for an hour and a half hunt before the rain set in. I found a total of six buttons including this very large convex type Fleur Di Lis button. I really like the design. If anyone has any ideas on the button or possible meaning I would appreciate your in put.
On the way out I stopped by to the land owners and they had something to show me. It’s the original land grant with Thomas Jefferson’s signature at the bottom. Talk about history!
Thanks again for looking and happy hunting to all
D8EAA968-A659-4387-96D7-42AF46C7F999.jpeg
509FD080-A3B1-4F23-891D-B43CFF0EEB8C.jpeg
72F74C8C-E2A6-4E19-A815-9D762826ADC3.jpeg
AF9688C6-6666-4B87-9AC9-FD69A6028519.png

Upvote 18

S.Carolinahunter

Jan 21, 2022
Orangeburg County S.Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace Apex
Hello everyone! Today was a real rainout. I got out this morning for an hour and a half hunt before the rain set in. I found a total of six buttons including this very large convex type Fleur Di Lis button. I really like the design. If anyone has any ideas on the button or possible meaning I would appreciate your in put.
On the way out I stopped by to the land owners and they had something to show me. It’s the original land grant with Thomas Jefferson’s signature at the bottom. Talk about history!
Thanks again for looking and happy hunting to all View attachment 2012294 View attachment 2012295 View attachment 2012296 View attachment 2012297
What a great piece of history..you should be honored to have seen it.nice button too..congrats

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again for looking and happy hunting to all View attachment 2012294 View attachment 2012295 View attachment 2012296 View attachment 2012297
That grant is so cool,I,d love to have something like that! Really nice button you found.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you could post a pic of the back of your Fleur-de-lis button, it would likely offer more info about how old it is and possibly the maker. :icon_scratch:

Fleur-de-lis, (French meaning: “lily flower”), also spelled fleur-de-lys, also called flower-de-luce, stylized emblem or device much used in ornamentation and, particularly, in heraldry, long associated with the French crown. ... That the French kings long used the fleur-de-lis as an emblem of their sovereignty is indisputable. The fleur-de-lis has been used by French royalty ever since the Franks united under a single ruler, King Clovis I. When Clovis was crowned, an ampulla with a fleur-de-lis insignia was used to anoint him as king. As time went on, the symbol came to represent the French monarch's divine right to rule.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the document appears to have been applied somehow to another sheet of paper. If so, I'm sure that affects value. His signature can be worth several thousand dollars

OP
OP
Florida Finder

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you could post a pic of the back of your Fleur-de-lis button, it would likely offer more info about how old it is and possibly the maker. :icon_scratch:

Fleur-de-lis, (French meaning: “lily flower”), also spelled fleur-de-lys, also called flower-de-luce, stylized emblem or device much used in ornamentation and, particularly, in heraldry, long associated with the French crown. ... That the French kings long used the fleur-de-lis as an emblem of their sovereignty is indisputable. The fleur-de-lis has been used by French royalty ever since the Franks united under a single ruler, King Clovis I. When Clovis was crowned, an ampulla with a fleur-de-lis insignia was used to anoint him as king. As time went on, the symbol came to represent the French monarch's divine right to rule.
Thank you Antiquarian! Awesome information and thank you very much for taking a look at it. It appears to lack a back mark and is slightly convex.
D98E8B40-AFE9-4469-AE73-C3AE0C67BC04.png
107B7DEF-55BF-440D-BF70-DB4E2DD568BD.png
F3C4FB08-8DAF-485A-89D3-1E371CBC1139.png

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Button & Stuff!!! Old!!! Congrats!!!

dieselfool

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you showed that land document my mouth literally fell open! Good Lord! That thing is a priceless historical artifact! Hard to believe they just take it out and pass it around if someone wants to see it. Thanks so much for the pictures, and that is a cool button, too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread