Last three outings....Pocket Knife, 1920's Compact, Candy Mold?

BLACKIE555

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Christmas break outings between the snowflakes.
I have found knives before but this is the first one I could open, took some work to get it free......there was one teeny bit of wood left under the tag.

IMG_20211223_101440168_2.jpg

Surprised the Compact survived.....it was buried in a hard pack gravel driveway with a little bit of grass on it.

IMG_20211225_183925792_2.jpg

The mold was deep and gnarly....I could see one of the cups down at the bottom of the hole, I was perplexed as to what it might be and it was interesting enough to keep me excavating. I was surprised when I pulled it out....I wasn't sure what to make of it, smallest muffin tin ever. My wife ID'D it as a candy or chocolate mold....she's always right so...

IMG_20211225_184712592.jpg

Upvote 15

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found knives before but this is the first one I could open, took some work to get it free......there was one teeny bit of wood left under the tag.

View attachment 1998602

Surprised the Compact survived.....it was buried in a hard pack gravel driveway with a little bit of grass on it.

View attachment 1998603

The mold was deep and gnarly....I could see one of the cups down at the bottom of the hole, I was perplexed as to what it might be and it was interesting enough to keep me excavating. I was surprised when I pulled it out....I wasn't sure what to make of it, smallest muffin tin ever. My wife ID'D it as a candy or chocolate mold....she's always right so...

View attachment 1998604
Those are neat and different.Good finds.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1998602

View attachment 1998603

View attachment 1998604
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 1998602

View attachment 1998603

View attachment 1998604
cool finds and thanks for posting, wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread