Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For whatever reason, seated silver tends to elude me. I have found 75 Spanish silvers, and hundreds of copper coins (large cents, half cents, 2 cents, and IHPs) that were in use at the same time as seated silver, but as of last week my seated total stood at 4 seated dimes. Let me introduce you to my 5th, just sneaking in by being minted in the last year of seated coinage. It's an 1891-S. I found it last Friday at the same place I found the 1675 cob a few weeks ago.

The next two hunts were at a house site that shows on the 1867 county atlas, but most of the finds are 20th century. The house burnt down about 50 years ago, and the ground was too overgrown to hunt until it was brush hogged recently.

Here are the finds from that site this weekend. I have previously found a 1902 Barber Quarter, a 1935 Washington, a couple Mercs, and a 1883 IHP. My brother has got a 1913 Barber dime and a 14K gold wedding band here.

The American Knife pocket knife dates as early as the Civil War as these knives turn up in Civil War camps. I have found one on a Civil War site in West Virginia, and they are shown in Howard Crouch's book on Civil War relics.

I have dug at least a dozen of these Palace Credit $2.00 tokens at this site. The other Good Luck token would have had a penny in it and was from a Vacuum Cleaner bag company.

The Sterling silver wing is part of a WWII Air Force pin I believe.

Attachments

• Dime front.jpg
    Dime front.jpg
    659.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Dime back.jpg
    Dime back.jpg
    870.7 KB · Views: 77
  • All.jpg
    All.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 67
  • American Knife.jpg
    American Knife.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
  • Three silvers.jpg
    Three silvers.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
  • Tokens back.jpg
    Tokens back.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 50
  • Tokens front.jpg
    Tokens front.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Upvote 20

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For whatever reason, seated silver tends to elude me. I have found 75 Spanish silvers, and hundreds of copper coins (large cents, half cents, 2 cents, and IHPs) that were in use at the same time as seated silver, but as of last week my seated total stood at 4 seated dimes. Let me introduce you to my 5th, just sneaking in by being minted in the last year of seated coinage. It's an 1891-S. I found it last Friday at the same place I found the 1675 cob a few weeks ago.

The next two hunts were at a house site that shows on the 1867 county atlas, but most of the finds are 20th century. The house burnt down about 50 years ago, and the ground was too overgrown to hunt until it was brush hogged recently.

Here are the finds from that site this weekend. I have previously found a 1902 Barber Quarter, a 1935 Washington, a couple Mercs, and a 1883 IHP. My brother has got a 1913 Barber dime and a 14K gold wedding band here.

The American Knife pocket knife dates as early as the Civil War as these knives turn up in Civil War camps. I have found one on a Civil War site in West Virginia, and they are shown in Howard Crouch's book on Civil War relics.

I have dug at least a dozen of these Palace Credit $2.00 tokens at this site. The other Good Luck token would have had a penny in it and was from a Vacuum Cleaner bag company.

Very Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Congrats on the Seated dime!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fantastic! Congratulations on the seated, but the other coins and relics are also wonderfu!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t find many Seated coins either, but I wouldn’t mind that so much if I found even a quarter of the Spanish silver you have dug. Congrats on the finds, especially the elusive dime.

Last edited:

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome dime! That is so pretty. I have yet to find one! Such good treasures!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread