Late VJ post.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all, I've been looking through my many collections lately and happened on this in my Seiko
stash! It's pretty self explanatory so I'll only say he was a 43rd engineers attached to 8th Army in
the Pacific. They made over 60 landings and oversaw Japan during the postwar period.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

8.jpg

The watch is a genuine Japanese WWII issue Seiko and is smaller than a nickel. All the
engraving was done by hand with a vibrator engraver. I believe the aluminum bands
are aircraft skin and the rivets likewise. The only thing I'm not showing you is the
name rank and service number inside the bands.

Best wishes!

Last edited:
Upvote 13

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a unique and very cool piece of history!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing and the great pics.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Freakin cool nice piece of history and very rare I'm sure

OP
OP
R

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much for looking guys, and for all your kind comments! I looked the Vet up today and found out he's
buried in our local Vets Cemetery along with George Patton's grandfather and a number of notable soldiers
from all wars including some Confederates. He had a son born the same year as I was but suffered a divorce
and dropped off the map in 1983. As the sole heir I considered leaving this for him in my will but as of now
that may not be realistic. I bought it from a couple of young women who were setting up at a local flea market
in the middle of the day on a Saturday. I had stopped to look at a quilt they had just put out and they threw
these two pieces down on it. It was obvious they didn't know, care or appreciate the significance of the relics
by the price they quoted me. I have a notion that one of them was the estranged wife of the son as the Vet
had been dead more than 15 years by then. My dad was an US Army Amphibious Engineer under The Corps
of Engineers. He drove and maintained the Higgins boats that landed the Marines on those contested islands
and often had to carry their remains back to the Hospital ships. I make it a point to include this Vet in my
prayers for my Dad, as surely they were brothers in arms.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome piece of history. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread