Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last weekend I went out trying to get permission for a property that may have been a Civil War camp but no one was home. So change of plans I hit an old school's ball field down the road. I found a handful of Wheats, a 1935 Washington along with 3 Mercs from the 40's. As I was leaving I got another wheat penny signal but it was a WWII era Major's pin. Turned out to be a great hunt. The next day I went back and got permission to hunt the spot I thought might be a camp. Unfortunately most of this property was used as a dump and it has tons of trash everywhere. I did find a cool printing plate for Hanna's Green Seal Paint in all the trash. I don't know what time period it is from but looks like from the 20's-30's. The yard was not as trashy and I did find a variety of bullets from a nice Enfield to 3 Merrill Carbines. I dug one button but I think it is post War. It is a Tennessee State Seal agriculture commerce cuff button.

This weekend I was able to get on a new permission I have been trying to obtain for years and it did not disappoint. I dug a lot of dropped bullets along with one General Service coat button and a cartridge box finial. I dug a lot of camp lead and what I thought was fired bullets turned out to be 3 carved ones. One of the last targets I dug was a silver dime and I was hoping it would be a soldier drop but is a 1940 Merc. It seems this was also a camp site and I only had time to hunt a small part of the property. I am hoping to get more time here.

jWMVNMR.jpg
xavLDij.jpg

cj6NxcN.jpg
tpYGWps.jpg

FkV0oS3.jpg
TaDZlH3.jpg

eMMa82A.jpg
16nWcZI.jpg

BtoCyWD.jpg
052gqm8.jpg

LHlp2UC.jpg
aPccE8a.jpg

Upvote 17

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last weekend I went out trying to get permission for a property that may have been a Civil War camp but no one was home. So change of plans I hit an old school's ball field down the road. I found a handful of Wheats, a 1935 Washington along with 3 Mercs from the 40's. As I was leaving I got another wheat penny signal but it was a WWII era Major's pin. Turned out to be a great hunt. The next day I went back and got permission to hunt the spot I thought might be a camp. Unfortunately most of this property was used as a dump and it has tons of trash everywhere. I did find a cool printing plate for Hanna's Green Seal Paint in all the trash. I don't know what time period it is from but looks like from the 20's-30's. The yard was not as trashy and I did find a variety of bullets from a nice Enfield to 3 Merrill Carbines. I dug one button but I think it is post War. It is a Tennessee State Seal agriculture commerce cuff button.

This weekend I was able to get on a new permission I have been trying to obtain for years and it did not disappoint. I dug a lot of dropped bullets along with one General Service coat button and a cartridge box finial. I dug a lot of camp lead and what I thought was fired bullets turned out to be 3 carved ones. One of the last targets I dug was a silver dime and I was hoping it would be a soldier drop but is a 1940 Merc. It seems this was also a camp site and I only had time to hunt a small part of the property. I am hoping to get more time here.

jWMVNMR.jpg
xavLDij.jpg

cj6NxcN.jpg
tpYGWps.jpg

FkV0oS3.jpg
TaDZlH3.jpg

eMMa82A.jpg
16nWcZI.jpg

BtoCyWD.jpg
052gqm8.jpg

LHlp2UC.jpg
aPccE8a.jpg
SD those are some real nice finds. Nice collection of bullets! Hit that thing again. Gotta be more!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jWMVNMR.jpg
xavLDij.jpg

cj6NxcN.jpg
tpYGWps.jpg

FkV0oS3.jpg
TaDZlH3.jpg

eMMa82A.jpg
16nWcZI.jpg

BtoCyWD.jpg
052gqm8.jpg

LHlp2UC.jpg
aPccE8a.jpg