latin heart questions

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone.. I am curious about the Latin heart.. i have read that it was around and destroyed many years before the Peralta stones were discovered. I have seen all the available images online. i was curious if anyone ever saw the broken pieces. were there any other images of it that are not circulating in public.. are the images online accurate depictions or have they been altered??

also i have read in a few places of engravings on the peralta stones that were harder to see that were some type of native shapes or etchings. can anyone help me on this.. maybe a pointless thread but any new information would be great.. thanks in advance
p.s. i am not looking for an argument if they are a hoax or not.. :BangHead::laughing7:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read the Latin stone map was found at the same place the stone Trail map and the H/P stone map were found, but after Travis T found them. Rumors say a guy ( don't remember his name ) went to the site of the stone maps to investigate and found the Latin heart. Few claimed the Latin heart was made of a black material, maybe to differentiate itself from the other stone maps.
Was said it would fit the hollow space of the Trail stone heart, but IMHO the Latin stone heart map has a different scale and orientation in the field than the Trail stone heart map. Also i believe the Latin stone heart map " shows " the Jesuit treasure cave which is in the middle in regards to the other two. It's the same cave Geronimo tried to bribe the guards for his freedom and it's also known as the Walter Perrine cave of gold bars.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO, these are the dimensions and orientations of the stone Trail map ( red ) and the Latin stone map ( blue ) in the field. Despite there exist another gold mines ( the other chips on the pic ) , only three of them ( the green ) hold the Jesuit church treasure.

Attachments

• Hearts and mines.png
    Hearts and mines.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone.. I am curious about the Latin heart.. i have read that it was around and destroyed many years before the Peralta stones were discovered. I have seen all the available images online. i was curious if anyone ever saw the broken pieces. were there any other images of it that are not circulating in public.. are the images online accurate depictions or have they been altered??

also i have read in a few places of engravings on the peralta stones that were harder to see that were some type of native shapes or etchings. can anyone help me on this.. maybe a pointless thread but any new information would be great.. thanks in advance
p.s. i am not looking for an argument if they are a hoax or not.. :BangHead::laughing7:
Howdy dredgernaut,

Not here to argue, just to help. I don't know where you got your information from since there is more false info on the PSM's than there is real.
The PSM's are very real, and are complete, just four stones. All four stones are needed to find the end of the trail. There is a reason for making the heart insert. They lead to one mine only, not several, and not to treasure.
The Latin Heart, and Stone Crosses were "Gringo" copycatted, made by different persons who thought they could pull it off. The Spanish on the Crosses is wrong, just like the Spanish on the Spanish Galleon/Treasure Chest stone made by Travis Tumlinson. The Latin Heart was made by someone who could not make a sentence, just pulled words from a book. It has no directions to follow, yet many claim to know where it fits?
Both Latin Heart, and Stone Crosses were claimed to have been "found" after Travis had already uncovered the PSM's, and after the PSM's had been viewed for a small fee. This is the only reason the Latin Heart fits in the heart cavity of the PSM's. It is also the reason the Stone Crosses are the same exact shape as the cross on the PSM's.
So of coarse, the Latin Heart fits in the PSM's cavity, but it serves no purpose there. It's like putting a pizza on a record player, hey look it fits. :laughing7:
Al Reser was told by Charlie Miller that a certain man had gone to where Travis found the PSM's, and happed to find the Latin Heart just laying on top of the ground.

Homar

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I have read the Latin stone map was found at the same place the stone Trail map and the H/P stone map were found, but after Travis T found them. Rumors say a guy ( don't remember his name ) went to the site of the stone maps to investigate and found the Latin heart. Few claimed the Latin heart was made of a black material, maybe to differentiate itself from the other stone maps.
Was said it would fit the hollow space of the Trail stone heart, but IMHO the Latin stone heart map has a different scale and orientation in the field than the Trail stone heart map. Also i believe the Latin stone heart map " shows " the Jesuit treasure cave which is in the middle in regards to the other two. It's the same cave Geronimo tried to bribe the guards for his freedom and it's also known as the Walter Perrine cave of gold bars.

Marius,

The name of the guy was Jacob Alexander and he had gone back to the area that TT claimed to have found the Stone Maps and did a more detailed search. He reportedly found the LH just laying on the ground. He furthermore said that it was made out of slate which is black.

It was said to have fit the heart cavity on the trail stones perfectly, but filled up only half of it. This original version of the Latin heart later ended up with Bill Hidden who unfortunately destroyed it after being frustrated by it, but not before Al Reser was able to take a few photos of it. These photos ended up with Jim Hatt- but after Jim died, his possessions ended up with someone who I am still trying to track down.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,

The name of the guy was Jacob Alexander and he had gone back to the area that TT claimed to have found the Stone Maps and did a more detailed search. He reportedly found the LH just laying on the ground. He furthermore said that it was made out of slate which is black.

It was said to have fit the heart cavity on the trail stones perfectly, but filled up only half of it. This original version of the Latin heart later ended up with Bill Hidden who unfortunately destroyed it after being frustrated by it, but not before Al Reser was able to take a few photos of it. These photos ended up with Jim Hatt- but after Jim died, his possessions ended up with someone who I am still trying to track down.
Mike ( gollum ) has claimed few years ago how Jim Hatt gave him a lot of stuff before pass away. To me the Latin stone heart map existed as an accurate and authentic map which was a part of the stone maps set. In the field, the Latin stone heart map with its clues and pointing up, covers the whole hill ( the " turtle " for some natives ) which is above the flat from where the Trail to the other cache starts.
On that flat are three church ruins, one at far east known as " roofless two-room house ", one in the middle from which are left only fundations and a cross engraved on a boulder, and another one at far west from which are left only fundations and was builded like a shrine to hold the spring ( known to very few ) which come out from the treasure cave. In the Latin heart map is mentioned as ECCLESIA the middle church and the spring as Aqua Aurum.

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi deducer. thanks for details. i hope your hunt works out.. i have spoke with jim hatts son. he seemed like he has no love for treasure hunting.. could be wrong.. but i did not ask if he has any of his dads work.. i guess i should ask him..

hi marius. thanks for sharing. as always i appreciate your perspective and research..

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike ( gollum ) has claimed few years ago how Jim Hatt gave him a lot of stuff before pass away. To me the Latin stone heart map existed as an accurate and authentic map which was a part of the stone maps set. In the field, the Latin stone heart map with its clues and pointing up, covers the whole hill ( the " turtle " for some natives ) which is above the flat from where the Trail to the other cache starts.
On that flat are three church ruins, one at far east known as " roofless two-room house ", one in the middle from which are left only fundations and a cross engraved on a boulder, and another one at far west from which are left only fundations and was builded like a shrine to hold the spring ( known to very few ) which come out from the treasure cave. In the Latin heart map is mentioned as ECCLESIA the middle church and the spring as Aqua Aurum.

The Latin Heart.. inasmuch as it fits inside the heart cavity on the trail map, and the fact that it was black.. would be an obvious sign that it does not refer to anything that is external, e.g., found outside.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Latin Heart.. inasmuch as it fits inside the heart cavity on the trail map, and the fact that it was black.. would be an obvious sign that it does not refer to anything that is external, e.g., found outside.
IMHO, the clues on the Latin heart are for outside. Are all there like are depicted on the map, with a very little difference in depicting two clues, one TABULA and the FORNIX which should be about an inch up or down on the map , for each clue separatelly.
Every map maker has his own mindset in what he want to describe in the map and the hidden meanings which want to use. It's like a fingerprint for every map maker and the instructions in regards to can " read " their maps, could be passed to another person only by the author.
The only way to find out what the author wanted to " tell ", is by the reversed engineering method. Is to find the place using another map and to put the puzzle down trying to open the doors of the author's mindset. But even if we have done the most part of the research at the site, we will be able to unlock only about 80-90% of the doors, in regards to have an acceptable result or answer. Of course for the result of the puzzle, plays a big role and the researcher's knowledge and skills in decrypting Spanish and Jesuit treasure maps.
So, a resonable answer to the fact the Latin stone heart was black and filled only the half cavity of the stone Trail heart, is the fact it's double in dimension ( needed two of them to fill the cavity) than the Trail heart and it's placed west ( the place where the night goes when the sun arise ) from the stone Trail heart. It's like to say the sentence from Cursum Perficio map "quorum Eccla fulget ut sole luna ". It's like the day and the night on this planet to coexist under the light of the holy church.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
IMHO, the clues on the Latin heart are for outside. Are all there like are depicted on the map, with a very little difference in depicting two clues, one TABULA and the FORNIX which should be about an inch up or down on the map , for each clue separatelly.
Every map maker has his own mindset in what he want to describe in the map and the hidden meanings which want to use. It's like a fingerprint for every map maker and the instructions in regards to can " read " their maps, could be passed to another person only by the author.
The only way to find out what the author wanted to " tell ", is by the reversed engineering method. Is to find the place using another map and to put the puzzle down trying to open the doors of the author's mindset. But even if we have done the most part of the research at the site, we will be able to unlock only about 80-90% of the doors, in regards to have an acceptable result or answer. Of course for the result of the puzzle, plays a big role and the researcher's knowledge and skills in decrypting Spanish and Jesuit maps.
So, a resonable answer to the fact the Latin stone heart was black and filled only the half cavity of the stone Trail heart, is the fact it's double in dimension ( needed two of them to fill the cavity) than the Trail heart and it's placed west ( the place where the night goes when the sun arise ) from the stone Trail heart. It's like to say the sentence from Cursum Perficio map "quorum Eccla fulget ut sole luna ". It's like the day and the night on this planet to coexist under the light of the holy church.

The Stone Maps aren't that complicated. It's not trigonometry.

Too many people have gotten frustrated with this puzzle because they overthink every little thing.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Stone Maps aren't that complicated. It's not trigonometry.

Too many people have gotten frustrated with this puzzle because they overthink every little thing.
I agree the stone maps aren't too complicated if someone knows to " read ' the Spanish/Jesuit treasure codes on the maps and of course if knows the place where they should be applied. Also a big role in finding the correct place of every stone map in the field, is to know how interact each other and from what spot and distance someone has to look in regards to has the accurate image.
Once at the right place and having the right image, all seem enough easy to understand , but what give you more satisfaction, is when discover new things about the region, like how the Trail from the stone map to be the only path which it's able to connect the two regions of the hearts at that altitude, giving a dangerous shortcut ( almost at the lip of the cliff ) through a known " gulch " from another story.

Last edited:

Swarlie

Apr 1, 2022
Thanks for posting this. I've been interested in LDM legend since I was a child and have spent many years listening to various folks tell stories of following the legends and maps for decades. The Latin Heart, specifically the lore around original/real one, its physical appearance, and it's disappearance are of particular interest to me.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for posting this. I've been interested in LDM legend since I was a child and have spent many years listening to various folks tell stories of following the legends and maps for decades. The Latin Heart, specifically the lore around original/real one, its physical appearance, and it's disappearance are of particular interest to me.

Ask away, then. Or feel free to talk. This forum has been rather dead lately.

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very quiet in here. I miss Dave jumping in and lecturing me about how the Stone Maps are fakes. "Doorstops" or "stepping stones, he'd say.
hi duce.. i have that same thought often.. i also miss those that have moved on.. i only hope they found their treasure on the other side.. dave was a good one.. the constant reality checker.. lol. he sure got alot of laughs over guys like us.. stoners.. lol.. i hope all is well with you and yours..

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hang in there carl... i am sorry for your loss.. sounds like you knew him well.. if you would like someone to talk to, i would be happy to give you my number.. no one will ever replace Dave,, but you do still have some friends on tnet....
your friend. jeremy
Every week i pick up my phone to call or text Dave……..what a sad deal i’ll never get over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread