ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Back to my favorite spot today with Kevin. Five of the regulars were also there wading. Of course I went out deeper like always. Found a couple interesting spots. First one netted me the two strange bracelets. Then it was hit and miss a few coins and trinkets. Then I stumbled upon another spot that gave up 5 of the 9 rings. Both the gold and the one silver came from it. Also two of the merc dimes. It also gave up the three necklaces. Two are silver. The one with the big stone is brass but the bezel around the big stone is very ornate and also silver.

The largest ring is 10.0 g of 14K. The smaller gold is 5.18 of 10K. It has a bloodstone in it. A Washington, 5 merc's, the silver ring and the two silver necklaces one with a sterling St. Christopher medal, then the other silver pendant were my silver finds. 3 buffalo, two Jefferson and 10 wheat's were my coin finds.

The small lead boat is complete and has awesome detail. One of my favorite finds today.

Last edited:
Upvote 23
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! Another killer hunt for you, congratulations! :notworthy:

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only the winter ice can stop you

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that's a lot of targets for the conditions you have previously described. Congratulations on another great job.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Wow, that's a lot of targets for the conditions you have previously described. Congratulations on another great job.

When you can move weeds and stay in one spot to get coins and rings and chains, you know you hit a spot that people were in a lot, I didn't move at all to get 5 rings, the necklaces and a few of the coins. I have an idea of what I found. It was close to where I found some large silver before actually. However, again all would be speculation at this point.

Thanks for the replies all. My friend Kevin got a 14K gold cross and a merc. So we both had a great day.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dejavu played out again Scuba Detector another boat load of spectacular finds and "congrats" to you - thanks for rescuing the rings - coins - necklaces & lead boat - anyway I thank you for your pictures and story & I wish you many more great finds while out diving for treasures.

Texas ED

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Such a nice variety of finds. Congrats again, and thanks for sharing!

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Lite, Garrett Freedom Ace Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Your posts are always worth reading. Congrats on yet another great outing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is good to see your spot is still producing great finds. Great stuff!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Only the winter ice can stop you

I am supposed to stop? LOL, Can't keep a fish out of water too long! Actually as soon as the water gets cold I will put my dive gear away. I use only a 5mm suit. I am thinking of playing in Florida this winter. My underwater vacuums like to find interesting things.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am supposed to stop? LOL, Can't keep a fish out of water too long! Actually as soon as the water gets cold I will put my dive gear away. I use only a 5mm suit. I am thinking of playing in Florida this winter. My underwater vacuums like to find interesting things.

You're killing it. Staying focused on the places you are hitting now is where you need to be. October is more than 2 months away.
It appears that most of the finds were lost yesteryear.
You're having a great season and this hunt reflects that. If you do go to Florida, I would suggest the Gulf Coast. I got a little gold from a beach at Tarpon Springs. Just watch out for the Gators. lol
Excellent hunt,, congratulations

Last edited:
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
You're killing it. Staying focused on the places you are hitting now is where you need to be. October is more than 2 months away.
It appears that most of the finds were lost yesteryear.
You're having a great season and this hunt reflects that. If you do go to Florida, I would suggest the Gulf Coast. I got a little gold from a beach at Tarpon Springs. Just watch out for the Gators.
Excellent hunt,, congratulations

Actually all my finds were lost years and years ago. This beach was abandoned in the early 1960's. In fact the beach house that could hold over 6 thousand people was used as a holding cell during the riots of 1967. All the buildings were demolished in 1973. All there is now is memories, muck and weeds. Thanks for the reply

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You killed it with those recoveries! Awesome!

BTW, whoever lost that "lead" battleship had just finished eating a box of Cracker Jack back in the 1920's - 1930's

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
You killed it with those recoveries! Awesome!

BTW, whoever lost that "lead" battleship had just finished eating a box of Cracker Jack back in the 1920's - 1930's

Makes sense. The Cracker Jack police badge I found was from the 20's. I love old toys. My lead guns might also be from Cracker Jack's. Thank you.

I looked all over BUT couldn't find an exact one with smoke coming from the stack. Do you know where you can find an exact match?

Last edited:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuba, the little lead Dreadnought (Leadnought?) takes the day! Definitely patterned after a 1900 era battleship. I checked my reference books against images of known tin/lead battleships by Grey Iron, Arcade, Tootsietoy, Lincoln Log, and earlier makers... but no exact match either. May be European. Really enjoy your loot pix! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Scuba, the little lead Dreadnought (Leadnought?) takes the day! Definitely patterned after a 1900 era battleship. I checked my reference books against images of known tin/lead battleships by Grey Iron, Arcade, Tootsietoy, Lincoln Log, and earlier makers... but no exact match either. May be European. Really enjoy your loot pix! Sub 8-)

I absolutely love the fact that it is intact and no broken pieces. I have a few lead toys that are broke and parts missing. I have a lot that are intact. This is one of my favorite pieces as I stated. I have trumpets, guns, a rocking horse, and an ornate cradle that are awesome also.

Thanks for trying. I can't find an exact match anywhere. None have the smoke out of the stack like this one.

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one in this pic looks like it has the smoke coming from the stack

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread