S

Sidcane

Aug 14, 2017
Flagler county fl
Detector(s) used
Ace 250&400 just bought at max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Modern repro of a British 23rd Regiment of foot button from the Revolution.
What a coincidence...found this at a 1770 built sawmill along with a British half penny in Florida about 20 miles from st Augustine. Will try to get better pics tonight

OP
OP
S

Sidcane

Aug 14, 2017
Flagler county fl
Detector(s) used
Ace 250&400 just bought at max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tagging this post as we need a macro shot, not a blurred shot & of the reverse as well, although looks repro to me at this point.
Trying...camera iss scratched. Will post better pics when I get home of back also. 1800s reproduction? Newest thing I've found on this site was a 1896v nickel. I know there was a farm in the late 1800s that belonged to the Quigley's family

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one Rev War button that just looked too good once. I had gone to a reenactment. The reenactors lost them too. Mine was a repro lost a few years ago and mildly tarnished. I was doing a film shoot in Gettysburg a few years ago and one of the Confederate reenactors was wandering around, when I asked him what he was looking for he said he had lost a uniform button. It happens. A bunch of us tried to find that bright brass button that day - with no luck.

Last edited:

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like it and would be happy to find it!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one Rev War button that just looked too good once. I had gone to a reenactment. The reenactors lost them too. Mine was a repro lost a few years ago and mildly tarnished. I was doing a film shoot in Gettysburg a few years ago and one of the Confederate reenactors was wandering around, when I asked him what he was looking for he said he had lost a uniform button. It happens. A bunch of tried to find that bright brass button that day - with no luck.
Exactly, and many examples on top of that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread