Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mama said.

Smells like Horse Apples.
Looks like Horse Apples.
It's gonna taste like Horse Apples. :tongue3:

The whole thing.
1st, Going to France and the carving in a wall at the Templar prison in Domme, France.
2nd, Detecting and finding a Pectoral Templar Cross on Oak Island.

domme-cross.jpg

Pectoral Templar Cross, Deja Vu, Roman Sword :icon_scratch:

Like the ebay reproduction Roman Sword they presented.

It seems that at the Chateau in Domme where Templars were imprisoned in 1307.
You can buy
A Replica of the Templar graffiti
engraved on stone at the Templar Museum's Gift Shop. :laughing7:

GIFT SHOP REPLICA SHOWN BELOW.
city_dommegraf.jpg

Info and reproduction photo, sourced from William Henry, below.
JESUS? MAGIC WAND AND THE TEMPLAR ENGRAVINGS AT DOMME | William Henry

For those who watched, please take the poll.

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timex;5678014 [B said:
You can buy
A Replica of the Templar graffiti engraved on stone at the Templar Museum's Gift Shop. :laughing7:

GIFT SHOP REPLICA SHOWN BELOW.
View attachment 1540813
I wonder whos teeth and fingernails they were using to make their replicas...

These replicas also make a person wonder about the order of the cross find and the trip where "Rick recognizes the cross as similar to the carving". maybe the cross was found and searches on Google turned up the replica carvings. They then decided to go there so they could later refind the cross and comment on the similarity to the carving...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These replicas also make a person wonder about the order of the cross find and the trip where "Rick recognizes the cross as similar to the carving". maybe the cross was found and searches on Google turned up the replica carvings. They then decided to go there so they could later refind the cross and comment on the similarity to the carving...

I could see that happening and it would be well within their right to do that to create an interesting show.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its confirmation bias. They see what fits their narrative. The stone carving looks to be of a man, not a cross. The cross has a hole through it for a string/leather/chain to hang it around your neck. I see no resemblance. Plus, as is the case with so called Templar Prison, as is the case with most European buildings, they are used for centuries upon centuries. Saying those carvings on the wall came from Templars once held there is a stretch, they are forgetting the thousands of people imprisoned/housed/visited there over the past 1000 years.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
The thing that still makes me :icon_scratch:. Gary finds these remarkable relic's, and still he's the only one with a metal detector in his hand. Is it in his contract that he is the only one that is allowed to use a metal detector? Amazing that the camera was on for that little 4 minute clip and he happens to find the cross. Gary seem's to be a professional bone finder too! I don't mean to knock Gary. I don't know his background, but I'm pretty sure that most of the seasoned Metal detecting gang here believe this is just a bunch of reality hog wash. I used to watch the show, and just happened to run into that episode while flipping through the channels. Just can't stomach it. Heck any newbie could have found that cross with a $200 metal detector.

:laughing7: Question. Once you become a professional metal detectorist, does that mean you know longer have to use a shovel? Never seen him use one.

Get it over with!

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder whos teeth and fingernails they were using to make their replicas...

Here's the thing. If they reinacted finding the cross after visiting France, then who's to say that the cross was found at Smith's Cove in the first place? Perhaps a crew member "stumbled" across it somewhere else on or off the island, and the show runners decided to use Smith's Cove since they can attribute the find to spoils from last year's dig.

It's highly plausible that the producers have a couple of other metal detecting people searching the island off camera. If they find something then Gary and Rick are asked to reinact the find. As others have mentioned, there's no way Gary is the only metal detecting the entire island over and over again. I'm not saying the Laginas are in on it, but what if the producers planted the cross, had one of their own metal detecting guys find it, tell Rick that they should visit this castle in Paris to verify their suspicion that the cross matches something they saw on the wall during their last vacation, and then come back and reinact the scene. The whole France scene was extremely odd because they could've easily had an expert come to them with pictures like every other time. I firmly believe that in the lack of finding treasure on the island, the show runners will try and convince the audience that Templars visited the island 100's of years before other explorers instead.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
There are people that still think that "reality" television is real, unbiased, and unscripted.

I know, right? I don’t understand this phenomenon either. Your guess is as good as mine.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the things that gets me about Gary and his metal detecting is his immediate dismissal of "iron" targets while swinging at the cove. Yet, while detecting the spoils of H8, he isn't skipping over iron. If it were me and I was looking for history, I would look for anything.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure he was skipping over iron? Didn't he find a rather large nail or spike with concrete on it? Or was that found by sight only?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing that still makes me :icon_scratch:. Gary finds these remarkable relic's, and still he's the only one with a metal detector in his hand. Is it in his contract that he is the only one that is allowed to use a metal detector? Amazing that the camera was on for that little 4 minute clip and he happens to find the cross. Gary seem's to be a professional bone finder too! I don't mean to knock Gary. I don't know his background, but I'm pretty sure that most of the seasoned Metal detecting gang here believe this is just a bunch of reality hog wash. I used to watch the show, and just happened to run into that episode while flipping through the channels. Just can't stomach it. Heck any newbie could have found that cross with a $200 metal detector.

:laughing7: Question. Once you become a professional metal detectorist, does that mean you know longer have to use a shovel? Never seen him use one.

Get it over with!
I was a professional slurp gunner. Used to use a slurp gun to capture tropical fish to sell. Never thought about it until a guy at the dive shop made a mention (polite word for teasing me). Have you ever sold any of your finds or cashed in tabs coins etc? Made any profit from metal detecting? Well, my friend you're a professional too!! Don't believe me look up the definition in the dictionary. So, are titles really worth anything? If you answered yes, it's been a pleasure talking with another professional treasure hunter.

OP
OP
T

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Gawwwwllly thats an oldie!!!!!

knights templar cross.png

knights templar cross 2.png

knights templar cross 3.png

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are ya'll going to say "IF" they ever get the cross tested and it comes back as being 100's of years old. Guess then you'll just say they are not being truthfull with that info..
For those that don't know who Gary is you need to look him up. He's no fluke..
Did ya'll nay sayers watch the Family Show after Oak Island the other night. What do you think of the Ball family thinking that Samuel found the treasure or did so with the original 3 guys? If true this search was over years ago..
AND LASTLY, why do ya'll even watch the show, then come on here every week and say how of a waste of an hour it was? As has been mentioned it is a TV Show. So there are things that happen and are scripted to make it better to watch and or attract viewers. Ya'll already complain about how boring the show is imagine then showing just footage of the team standing around as the drilling team sets up for an 8 hour day. You'd then be begging for them to make something up then...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does the poll on this thread say I have already voted? I have not voted? So who or what voted for me?

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The moderators need to contact Mueller and have him investigate this voter fraud

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I voted.. wont say what my vote was but I bet you can guess.
Timex's post, #12 was the best in this thread! Nice!

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are ya'll going to say "IF" they ever get the cross tested and it comes back as being 100's of years old. Guess then you'll just say they are not being truthfull with that info..

Even if it is 100's of years old, it doesn't mean that there is any significance to it. Nor does it being 100's of years old mean that someone didn't plant it. Also, as I have said before, if there were anything important about this cross, it would be in a Halifax museum, and not with the Laginas.

Did ya'll nay sayers watch the Family Show after Oak Island the other night. What do you think of the Ball family thinking that Samuel found the treasure or did so with the original 3 guys?

I'd call that hearsay, and wouldn't put much stock in it.

As has been mentioned it is a TV Show. So there are things that happen and are scripted to make it better to watch and or attract viewers.

The Laginas have stated that this OI silliness is a 'search for the truth', and scripting finds is contradictory to the truth. Some people actually believe what they see on TV (naive, I know), and they deserve to hear credible alternatives.

djomen

Dec 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found same cross where i live in australia

Here's the thing. If they reinacted finding the cross after visiting France, then who's to say that the cross was found at Smith's Cove in the first place? Perhaps a crew member "stumbled" across it somewhere else on or off the island, and the show runners decided to use Smith's Cove since they can attribute the find to spoils from last year's dig.

It's highly plausible that the producers have a couple of other metal detecting people searching the island off camera. If they find something then Gary and Rick are asked to reinact the find. As others have mentioned, there's no way Gary is the only metal detecting the entire island over and over again. I'm not saying the Laginas are in on it, but what if the producers planted the cross, had one of their own metal detecting guys find it, tell Rick that they should visit this castle in Paris to verify their suspicion that the cross matches something they saw on the wall during their last vacation, and then come back and reinact the scene. The whole France scene was extremely odd because they could've easily had an expert come to them with pictures like every other time. I firmly believe that in the lack of finding treasure on the island, the show runners will try and convince the audience that Templars visited the island 100's of years before other explorers instead.

i found same cross as oak island one trouble is i moved recently and misplaced it then i saw it on the show and freaked out

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i found same cross as oak island one trouble is i moved recently and misplaced it then i saw it on the show and freaked out

Well then maybe you need to start you own half-arse fakery TV channel to get the word out like History did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread