Prospecting
A HIGH LEDGE BETWEEN THE JUNCTION OF 2 CANYONS, AND NEAR A HIGH PEAK
IMG_3297.JPG

Last edited:

i am the horse

Apr 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you give me your address i will buy you the same camera i bought for my granddaughter. It has a 10x optical zoom andfor an 8 year old she takes some very clear pictures even from afar. Pm me your address if you dont want it on the thread. No need to thank me. Just want to help out.

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you give me your address i will buy you the same camera i bought for my granddaughter. It has a 10x optical zoom andfor an 8 year old she takes some very clear pictures even from afar. Pm me your address if you dont want it on the thread. No need to thank me. Just want to help out.

������ this guy

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow John, that's really, well, it's something. I'll bet you I've found more gold here than you've found there.:skullflag:

Attachments

• jones72311a.jpg
    jones72311a.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 154

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Minerals on that ledge John, good silver ore.
What does the real gold ledge look like? Take a look.
J Waltz Gold.PNG

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres gold in them hills

OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was just posting about a ledge I found, not saying it's "the ledge"!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing about finding an exposed gold ledge; how could anybody not get right up on it, once they find one? I don't care how little water I had left, how little food, or how much sun. I would not leave the mountains until I touched it to make sure of what it was.

Fuzzy pictures and stories don't get me excited. Pictures of a chunk of rich ore you chipped off the ledge sitting in your hand DO! I think most of us here feel the same way.

Mike

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The following criminal offences raise particular concerns for freedom of expression

(1) "Criminal incitement" means the advocacy of crime, malicious damage or injury to property of any other. Property damage is damage to or the destruction of public or private property.
(2) A person commits the offense of criminal incitement if the person purposely or knowingly advocates the commission of a crime.
18 U.S. Code § 2102
Scope of criminal liability.
A person incurs inchoate criminal liability when he incites another person to commit a crime, either incitement or solicitation. Advocacy of crime in the abstract also incurs criminal liability. All of them may result in criminal liability even if the crime they were intended to bring about does not materialize. Thus, the crime of incitement is committed in the public forum when poster encourages destruction of public property such as "a chunk of rich ore you chipped off the ledge sitting in your hand". Those who publicly support such statements could also be charged with the same offence as co-defendants.
Federal law says up to 10 years in prison for Incitement to commit a property crime.
Arizona law states: Damage or removal of natural rocks, vegetation, or public property is prohibited, thus rockhounding on public property, however, is more complicated as no damage can be occurred and area must be restored to natural state.
Chipping off a chunk of ore from its mother rock is a crime.

Mineral and Rock Collecting on the National Forests - Forest Service
Assume personal responsibility to notice if the area may indeed contain archaeological or historical resources and if it does, cease metal detecting and notify a Forest Service office. Not doing so may result in prosecution under the Code of Federal Regulations or ARPA.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5261774.pdf

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
The following criminal offences raise particular concerns for freedom of expression

Scope of criminal liability.
A person incurs inchoate criminal liability when he incites another person to commit a crime, either incitement or solicitation. Advocacy of crime in the abstract also incurs criminal liability. All of them may result in criminal liability even if the crime they were intended to bring about does not materialize. Thus, the crime of incitement is committed in the public forum when poster encourages destruction of public property such as "a chunk of rich ore you chipped off the ledge sitting in your hand". Those who publicly support such statements could also be charged with the same offence as co-defendants.
Federal law says up to 10 years in prison for Incitement to commit a property crime.
Arizona law states: Damage or removal of natural rocks, vegetation, or public property is prohibited, thus rockhounding on public property, however, is more complicated as no damage can be occurred and area must be restored to natural state.
Chipping off a chunk of ore from its mother rock is a crime.

Mineral and Rock Collecting on the National Forests - Forest Service
Assume personal responsibility to notice if the area may indeed contain archaeological or historical resources and if it does, cease metal detecting and notify a Forest Service office. Not doing so may result in prosecution under the Code of Federal Regulations or ARPA.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5261774.pdf

if you think its a crime to pick up a piece of ore what are you doing looking for the ldm?..or any lost mine for that matter?

txtea

Nov 16, 2009
Oh crud...I took a cool looking rock from the area of the Dragoon Springs Station back in 2011.
Do I need to bring it back? :tongue3:

You guys apparently have a few of our Texas stones, so we'll call it even. :icon_thumleft:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Oh crud...I took a cool looking rock from the area of the Dragoon Springs Station back in 2011.
Do I need to bring it back? :tongue3:

You guys apparently have a few of our Texas stones, so we'll call it even. :icon_thumleft:

we might have to call the rock police on you:dontknow:

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a ton of dirt that I'm going have to hide, I guess I'll bury it in my back yard.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Photographs do not damage the environment, are a document record, and a way to share remote locations with the least impact on nature.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread