Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went to a park bench that Ive hit previously with the Simplex and Legend. Pulled out a small '70s Honduras 20 Centavo and a Rosie. They were both down ~ 10 inches. Each hit hard.
did you do any testing in the Beta Versions

That is the same thing I noticed when I tested the three Beta Versions, I was hoping I was not imagining what I was seeing, have not been able to get out with the 1.11 yet because we had a freak storm hit Arizona and i now have 10 inches of snow on the ground LOL

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't use any of the betas, I went from 1.09 to 1.11

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A hard hit on a 10 inch silver dime is impressive, for sure. Grats!
The ground was wet, I think that helped. The dime wasn't silver, ... a '74.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A hard hit on a 10 inch silver dime is impressive, for sure. Grats!
Used the LG30
Field mode
M2
Recovery 4
Iron Filter 2
Stability 5
Audio Gain 4
60 Tones

Aside from using the LG30, the above settings came from Calabash. He referred to the settings as 'Deep Silver' biased.

Last edited:

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Used the LG30
Field mode
M2
Recovery 4
Iron Filter 2
Stability 5
Audio Gain 4
60 Tones

Aside from using the LG30, the above settings came from Calabash. He referred to the settings as 'Deep Silver' biased.
Do you like the LG30? I'm trying to figure out if I should get that one or the 14x9 Coiltek for my EQ900. Both machines perform the same in my usage so far but the Coiltek is almost twice the price.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Gotcha. Around here a rosie is a silver Roosevelt dime. A dime is any US dime minted from 1965 to present. Clad coins will "halo" some and therefore have a larger target to get a signal off of. I find that silver dimes are much harder to find on the deep side than clad dimes as no halo.
My deepest dimes were back in the late 1980's with a Garrett Master hunter, a hip mount and a 12 inch coil. I was working a very old campus and found many silver dimes over a foot deep.
Yes, wetness or moisture helps conductivity, for sure.
Keep up the great work and GOOD LUCK next time out!

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you like the LG30? I'm trying to figure out if I should get that one or the 14x9 Coiltek for my EQ900. Both machines perform the same in my usage so far but the Coiltek is almost twice the price.
Yes, the LG30 has been working out for me. I'm happy that it is lighter and seems to be hitting deeper than the stock coil.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting thread, thanks for posting. Still staring at a few feet of snow to verrrrrryyyyyyy slowly burn off here.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I saw Calabash's video with two Legends, one with the LG28 and one with the LG30. On his nail test, the LG30 hit the nickel next to a rusty nail whereas the LG28 could not. But on the 12" half dollar and the 10" silver dime both coils hit equally strong. So as expected the LG30 has better separation, and depth is similar.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw Calabash's video with two Legends, one with the LG28 and one with the LG30. On his nail test, the LG30 hit the nickel next to a rusty nail whereas the LG28 could not. But on the 12" half dollar and the 10" silver dime both coils hit equally strong. So as expected the LG30 has better separation, and depth is similar.
Plus it is a tad-bit lighter:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread