Legend and Deus drama on YouTube - productive or poor use of everyone's time?

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every metal detector has strengths/weaknesses and scenarios in which it will thrive/struggle. We are in a 'jack of all trades, expert of none" era of detecting in which companies are trying to make their unit the "only one you will even need," and in the process there more than ever seems a need to convince us which one that should be.. However, as an actual user at some point I hope that helpful and informative videos on how to enhance/maximize the use of these detectors in real-world settings begin to surface. Generally speaking, the trend toward "proving the best" detector is getting so played out and monotonous that is is just not helpful. I believe if it were this obvious at this point there would no longer be a need for such videos. To me at least the only proof that no detector is really better than the other has been the continuous necessity of trying to demonstrate otherwise. Would recommend people who spend countless hours "testing" detectors against each other spend more time actually doing live runs with various settings and helping the people who own them.

Upvote 16

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got the Deus II and after about 10 days sold all the rest of my detectors, including the Deus I with HF coil. I have been hitting only pounded sites with good results. Right now the woods and field season is over here, so it will be beaches until November. Ticks, snakes, assorted monsters, that kind of thing you know...
I was stationed at Andrews for five years, I hated the bugs in your state 😛.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was going to try to be a good boy this year and only buy one new detector, but noooo........ ya'all had to go and keep talking about the Deus II. Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I'm going to get it delivered without my wife noticing.

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was going to try to be a good boy this year and only buy one new detector, but noooo........ ya'all had to go and keep talking about the Deus II. Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out how I'm going to get it delivered without my wife noticing.
Good luck with that one.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Calabash Tested the Rutus Alter 71 and it was a good unit

Cant wait for him to try The Rutus Atrex
before Claiming Deus 2 is The Best in the world
The Deeptech machines look pretty intresting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread