Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just tossing this out there but does anyone else see a problem with the coil cover to coil size difference on the Legend? I was wondering why the detector felt heavier and decided to take off the coil cover and was surprise to see the design of the coil doesn’t match the cover. Specifically there are large pockets beneath the cover that were filled with mud. It just seems like this is going to be a continuous thing unless I were to manually tape over the tops of the coil cover. I understand dirt getting in the cracks of most coil cover is a thing but we all know that after pulling those off a few times they will start to crack/break and usually run about 20 bucks a pop. I love the detector and this isn’t a huge thing but would be nice if there were a way they could design a coil cover that actually follows the shape of the coil to avoid those empty pockets. Just ideas

Upvote 1

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting can you attach a picture? Also curious if you have the "coil to the soil" issue Calabash had where if the coil was on the soil he struggled to get a good tone but if he left an air gap he got better tones. Maybe this issue is related to the coil cover design? --- not likely but worth testing

OP
OP
Clad Crusader

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting can you attach a picture? Also curious if you have the "coil to the soil" issue Calabash had where if the coil was on the soil he struggled to get a good tone but if he left an air gap he got better tones. Maybe this issue is related to the coil cover design? --- not likely but worth testing
I do t have a pic at the moment but the coil is that DD design with the two overlapping ovals. So when the coil cover is round it leaves several triangle shaped pockets underneath that fill with dirt. I have not noticed anything about raising the coil but might try it next time when I come across a target. Generally speaking the detector is working great and am pulling deep finds from “hunted out” parks which is the whole reason I wanted it.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do t have a pic at the moment but the coil is that DD design with the two overlapping ovals. So when the coil cover is round it leaves several triangle shaped pockets underneath that fill with dirt. I have not noticed anything about raising the coil but might try it next time when I come across a target. Generally speaking the detector is working great and am pulling deep finds from “hunted out” parks which is the whole reason I wanted it.
Hi Clad,
What rev SW are you running?

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I am sorry but what is "rev SW" lol
He asked what software revision number you are running 1.04, 1.05 or the 1.06 that they briefly released then recalled yesterday I believe

OP
OP
Clad Crusader

Clad Crusader

Nov 16, 2020
Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He asked what software revision number you are running 1.04, 1.05 or the 1.06 that they briefly released then recalled yesterday I believe
Oh I see. The 1.05 ….works great

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread