Legend price jump

Zym

Jan 19, 2007
Gig Harbor WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend ( 6", 11", and 13x13.5" coils)
Ancient Garret Groundhog AM-2

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From who?
Did they built a package deal with digger, pinpointer, hat, etc... included?

OP
OP
Zym

Zym

Jan 19, 2007
Gig Harbor WA
Detector(s) used
From who?
Did they built a package deal with digger, pinpointer, hat, etc... included?
The price on the actual Nokta Website. I don't think it had anything additional to the origional pro pack. The regular WHP is now 749 and the pro pack 899. I'm going to call my local dealer and see if his prices went up also. I don't even think he has the pro packs in stock yet.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The price on the actual Nokta Website. I don't think it had anything additional to the origional pro pack. The regular WHP is now 749 and the pro pack 899. I'm going to call my local dealer and see if his prices went up also. I don't even think he has the pro packs in stock yet.
Are you sure you were not looking at the suggested retail price just checked all the dealers I deal with and their price has not changed, dealer I check $765 for pro pack still the same price I think you may be looking at the MSRP not what the actual price is

I could not imagine Nokta/Macro increasing the price with out letting everyone know it was coming

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Zym

Zym

Jan 19, 2007
Gig Harbor WA
Detector(s) used
Are you sure you were not looking at the suggested retail price just checked all the dealers I deal with and their price has not changed, dealer I check $765 for pro pack still the same price I think you may be looking at the MSRP not what the actual price is

I could not imagine Nokta/Macro increasing the price with out letting everyone know it was coming
Just to tidy this thread up, The local brick and motor store I wanted to buy from went out of business (Covid), but I was able to find the pro pack for the regular $765 online with no problems. I'm guessing the price change on their web site is to give people the feeling that their getting a better deal from the dealer.
Should be here in about a week :)

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just to tidy this thread up, The local brick and motor store I wanted to buy from went out of business (Covid), but I was able to find the pro pack for the regular $765 online with no problems. I'm guessing the price change on their web site is to give people the feeling that their getting a better deal from the dealer.
Should be here in about a week :)
zym all companies has always gave a MSRP (MANUFACTURERS SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE) they also list the price the dealer should sell the product for it is nothing uncommon

Nokta/Macro has had the $899 msrp set that way on the Legend from the start from day one when they released it nothing has changed any where or at any of the dealers the price is still the same everywhere you could have got the Legend for what yo paid from any dealer.

OP
OP
Zym

Zym

Jan 19, 2007
Gig Harbor WA
Detector(s) used
zym all companies has always gave a MSRP (MANUFACTURERS SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE) they also list the price the dealer should sell the product for it is nothing uncommon

Nokta/Macro has had the $899 msrp set that way on the Legend from the start from day one when they released it nothing has changed any where or at any of the dealers the price is still the same everywhere you could have got
That is absolutely incorrect. I checked it one day on the Nokta site, and it was one price. I checked it two days later and it was a different price. Hence the reason for this post. I fully understand what MSRP is and how that works.

pamlicopanther

Feb 12, 2010
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur (Sword Model) Tesoro Cibola (With GB Mod)
I thought you had to preorder before the Legend was released to get the reduced price and that the normal price would be the higher price that you quoted.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought you had to preorder before the Legend was released to get the reduced price and that the normal price would be the higher price that you quoted.
that is incorrect you can get the Legend for the same price as any of us that pre ordered price has never changed

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is absolutely incorrect. I checked it one day on the Nokta site, and it was one price. I checked it two days later and it was a different price. Hence the reason for this post. I fully understand what MSRP is and how that works.
well sir i do not know where you checked but the price on Nokta/Macro site has never changed to this day all the dealers I deal with it is listed the same a on Nokta/Macro web site again I have no clue what web site you are looking on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread