Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know if the 'threshold volume with Bluetooth headphones' update is included with the new release, 1.11. ?

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe it was already available.
Yes, but is it also included in this release or does one have to install it separately ?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, but is it also included in this release or does one have to install it separately ?
Thats the one I am trying to get an answer to, a few weeks back Dilek posted a video where she stated that the seperate threshold update would have to continue being done until the 1.11 came out, which led me to believe that the threshold update would be incorporated into the 1.11 update but who actually knows if that is the case, I hate to assume anything, I am trying to get an answer on your question because I also have the same question

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

System Software V1.11 (2023.03.01) is released!​

just so everyone is aware if you have the updater tool on your PC that was for the 1.10 beta test versions then you no longer have to go to Nokta's site and download the 1.11 update, it will already be in the previous updater tool, which personally I do not like because it makes me feel like, my security protocol's have been breached on my PC, I am not saying my security protocol's have been breached but to me it is just strange that the new 1.11 and the previous 1.10 beta test version 3 just magically appeared in my PC without me having to do anything

I updated to 1.11 which took me 30 seconds from start to finish, which I will say was kinda nice for a change with the way past updates went

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how’s the legend perform now, seems to be not talked about as much regardless of the price etc, minelab, xp users, must think this company is a joke, my opinions

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how’s the legend perform now, seems to be not talked about as much regardless of the price etc, minelab, xp users, must think this company is a joke, my opinions
Anyone actually had a chance to try it out today? Wasn't available as of last night.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the one I am trying to get an answer to, a few weeks back Dilek posted a video where she stated that the seperate threshold update would have to continue being done until the 1.11 came out, which led me to believe that the threshold update would be incorporated into the 1.11 update but who actually knows if that is the case, I hate to assume anything, I am trying to get an answer on your question because I also have the same question
Good question. Anyone asked it of Nokta yet?

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed that unlike the 1.09 update the 1.11 was not accompanied by a new downloadable manual. With so many improvements and changes I was sure they would update the manual also. Any of you beta testers had any communication with Nokta regarding a new manual?

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well they can think of Nokta as a joke all they want to but, the truth is the Legend hangs rite there with the Equinox, and the Deus 2, I have friends that detect with the Equinox 600 and 800 all three of those detectors are so close in performance that no one can say one has a edge over the other, I have talked to people that says it is pretty much the same when it comes to the equinox 700 and 900 and the Legend, have not heard how the Manticore stands as there are not many in peoples hands yet, I had an order in for a Manticore, and ended up cancelling my order because of the wait time

as far as the Legend with the 1.11 version I have not really had a chance to go out and detect in real world digs, I have tried the Legend out in a test bed I have and have went out into my test bed and gave it about a 45 minute swing, I like what I am seeing, I will say this as long as Nokta has not changed anything
I noticed that unlike the 1.09 update the 1.11 was not accompanied by a new downloadable manual. With so many improvements and changes I was sure they would update the manual also. Any of you beta testers had any communication with Nokta regarding a new manual?
The new manual will come later just like the 1.09 it took Nokta about a 2 weeks to a month to put up a new manual for 1.09 so most likely the 1.11 manual will be that same If you did not participate in the beta test versions I highly suggest you at least print out what features were added and how to get to those features features in your Legend it also tells what the features do

System Software V1.11 (2023.03.01)​

Updates Made:
1. A new level "0" has been added to the Iron Filter (IF) setting in the Park, Field and Goldfield modes. In addition, a new level 9 has been added to the Iron Filter (IF) setting.

There has been no change to the levels 1-8. Level 9 will become handy when trying to discriminate some unwanted mid-conductors such as shotgun cartridges as iron.

2. The Backlight setting has been reconfigured as below:
The Backlight setting’s levels have been increased to 6 from 5. Levels 1-5 in the software version 1.09 is now equal to 2-6 in this version. Level 1 in this version is now the reduced level.

3. The automatic Backlight setting has been reconfigured to work as below:
a)
When the automatic Backlight setting was on, the automatic Backlight was not activated when the pinpoint button was pressed to turn on Tracking in the Ground Balance screen. This now has been updated.
b) When the automatic Backlight setting was on, the Backlight was turning off once you exit the Settings menu. This now has been updated so that the Backlight goes off within the normal time-out period.
c) When the automatic Backlight setting was on, the automatic Backlight was not activated when the pinpoint button was pressed in the Notch Discrimination Pattern. This now has been updated.
d) While in Automatic Ground Balance, the auto backlight will now be lit until the ground balancing is completed.

4. M3 multi frequency in PARK mode has been updated to prevent coins from being masked by aluminum foil.

5. Bottle Cap Rejection setting has been added.
When the device is in multi frequency,
select the Recovery Speed setting and press the pinpoint button. When you navigate with the right and left buttons, you will see the letters "bC" appear on the right side of the screen. You can adjust the bC value between 1-8 using the + and – buttons. When the bC is 0, it means that it is off.

6. Ground Suppressor setting has been added.
It is used to eliminate false ground signals in tough terrains. To access the setting, select the Recovery Speed setting and press the pinpoint button. When you navigate with the right and left buttons, you will see the letters "GS" appear on the right side of the screen. You can adjust the GS value between 1-8 using the + and – buttons. When the GS is 0, it means that it is off. It is recommended that you leave this setting at off position unless needed.

7. The audio emitted as the Tone Break points are changed while in 60-Tone, has been modified with increased bass.

8. Audio Gain setting has been activated in the Gold Field Mode.

9. Warning tones have been added to the buttons.

The buttons will now emit a warning tone in the following cases:
a) To indicate the minimum and maximum levels of settings.
b) When an inactive setting in a specific mode trying to be activated.
The loudness of the warning tones will work directly proportional to the Volume setting.

10. Bluetooth Chip Version will now be displayed.

When the Bluetooth headphones are paired with the device and the Bluetooth setting is selected, press and hold the Discrimination button. The Bluetooth chip version will be displayed in the clock section. When the button is released, the clock will be displayed again.

11. The loudness of the Volume Level 1 has been reduced in PARK, FIELD and BEACH modes.

12. General improvements have been implemented.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone actually had a chance to try it out today? Wasn't available as of last night.
well I started to try the New 1.11 out but we got a heavy snow storm that prevented me from actually giving it a try I did run it through my test bed for about an hour before this un expected storm hit

What I noticed the little bit I tried it in my test bed is all the things that were being tested in the 1.10 Beta Test versions are all there and seem to be working the same in 1.11 as they did in the 1.10 beta test versions so far but will not be sure until I can give the 1.11 a good work out

DanMcG

Dec 29, 2022
Central NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett 300
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can I upgrade my new legend w/ 1.07 by going straight to 1.11? I'm assuming yes, but you never know.
And what is meant by resetting to factory settings, which I didn't see reading up on the 1.11 version. I suck with computers, so I'll be rereading the instructions a few more times before I screw it up.
Thanks, Dan

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the SAME question as DanMcG. I might say to Dan that rather then say we suck with computers, "Which we kind of do I would guess" I will say that we are.... Tech. Challenged! Anyway you're question was good. I am going to try an up-date in a couple of days, I'm still on 1.07 also.

Last edited:

RwP

Feb 12, 2020
Midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the SAME question as DanMcG. I might say to Dan that rather say we suck with computers, "Which we kind of do I would guess" I will say that we are.... Tech. Challenged! Anyway you're question was good. I am going to try an up-date in a couple of days, I'm still on 1.07 also.
If you update you will get all of the previous updates. If you have any saved programs write them down as you will need to re-enter as it says it will reset to factory default.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can I upgrade my new legend w/ 1.07 by going straight to 1.11? I'm assuming yes, but you never know.
And what is meant by resetting to factory settings, which I didn't see reading up on the 1.11 version. I suck with computers, so I'll be rereading the instructions a few more times before I screw it up.
Thanks, Dan
yes you can go straight to 1.11 or any of the updates that are newer than what your legend came with

the only thing I question is whether you can go to say 1.05 since your Legend came with 1.07 but really do not know why someone would want to go back that far

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you update you will get all of the previous updates. If you have any saved programs write them down as you will need to re-enter as it says it will reset to factory default.
you still have to do a factory reset, it does not do that automatically it even states this when you go to Nokta's site rite above the Downloads

DanMcG

Dec 29, 2022
Central NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett 300
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not understanding how you do the reset, and I don't remember reading anything about it. Could someone point me in the right direction.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check the manual towards the back, it tells how. I reset all four users to Factory Default on mine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread