relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9ā€ coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Have a Legend on its way Curious what ver it will have on it. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s at least 1.07 and better yet 1.09 bc I donā€™t want to rush to update to the latest 1.11.
Having no PC I have to use the laptop at work and get an administrator to allow the updater utility to be installed
( as I did with the Deus 2 updater ). If it comes with 1.09 I will not feel like its got to be done immediately. Got the tracking number 1/2 hour after I placed my order. Getting the pro pack as well as the LG 24 elliptical coil- tho they just ran out of those and t that will come in couple weeks or so.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have a Legend on its way Curious what ver it will have on it. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s at least 1.07 and better yet 1.09 bc I donā€™t want to rush to update to the latest 1.11.
Having no PC I have to use the laptop at work and get an administrator to allow the updater utility to be installed
( as I did with the Deus 2 updater ). If it comes with 1.09 I will not feel like its got to be done immediately. Got the tracking number 1/2 hour after I placed my order. Getting the pro pack as well as the LG 24 elliptical coil- tho they just ran out of those and t that will come in couple weeks or so.
even if it does not come with 1.09 you can just update it to 1.09 you do not have to update all the way to 1.11

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can I upgrade my new legend w/ 1.07 by going straight to 1.11? I'm assuming yes, but you never know.
And what is meant by resetting to factory settings, which I didn't see reading up on the 1.11 version. I suck with computers, so I'll be rereading the instructions a few more times before I screw it up.
Thanks, Dan
once you update to 1.11 power your Legend down then power it back up once it is fully booted back up, click the power button once it will open up the menus at the bottom of your legend screen with the right arrow move over to the little man once on the little man hold the pin point reject button down you will see lines going around the Legend screen keep holding the pin point reject button down until you see (FD) on the Legend screen release the Pin Point Reject button and you have now performed a factory default reset

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone know if the 'threshold volume with Bluetooth headphones' update is included with the new release, 1.11. ?
Ok i sent Dilek a PM on face book what she stated in a voice PM is this the Threshold update is not included in the 1.11 update any one that has not done the threshold update will still have to do the threshold update after they update to 1.11 or as long as your Legend is updated to 1.09 you have to do the threshold update if you have not already done the Threshold update and install 1.11 you will still need to do the threshold update

she also stated that once new legends start shipping with the 1.11 version installed from the factory they will already have the threshold update in them, and you will not have to perform the Threshold update

CMP

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2023
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab X-Terra 705, Makro Racer 2, Nokta Makro Legend
It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who purchase technical devices and never read any of the user manual apparently expecting to learn everything about the device by visiting forums and/or social media. :icon_scratch:

DanMcG

Dec 29, 2022
Central NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett 300
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who purchase technical devices and never read any of the user manual apparently expecting to learn everything about the device by visiting forums and/or social media. :icon_scratch:
Sorry for the foolish questions.
And welcome to TNet.

OP
OP
Richard Guy

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok i sent Dilek a PM on face book what she stated in a voice PM is this the Threshold update is not included in the 1.11 update any one that has not done the threshold update will still have to do the threshold update after they update to 1.11 or as long as your Legend is updated to 1.09 you have to do the threshold update if you have not already done the Threshold update and install 1.11 you will still need to do the threshold update

she also stated that once new legends start shipping with the 1.11 version installed from the factory they will already have the threshold update in them, and you will not have to perform the Threshold update
After loading 1.11 and doing the factory resets, will a factory reset be required after installing the Threshold Volume update? Can someone please explain the Threshold Volume issue? Thanks

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A paper manual you got with purchase isn't going to automatically populate itself with instructions for an update installation program that was released a year or so after the initial machine. These are valid questions, your comment is unnecessary.

DanMcG

Dec 29, 2022
Central NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett 300
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks to everyone who offered up their guidance. I just did the upgrade to 1.11 with only a little operator error at the beginning. but all in all it was pretty simple and fast! Now I need the snow to melt so I can try it out!

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry for the foolish questions.
And welcome to TNet.
DanMcG it was not a foolish question, just because some newbie that thinks he knows everything does not make it a foolish question

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well it never ceases to amaze me the jerks that sign up on a forum and think they know everything,the question that was asked was a vary valid question and up until now has not been in the instructions or the manuals.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After loading 1.11 and doing the factory resets, will a factory reset be required after installing the Threshold Volume update? Can someone please explain the Threshold Volume issue? Thanks
yes you need to do a factory reset after any new installs

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAPPY DAY! Not sure how I did it fella's, but my Legend is now a version # 11. Small step for mankind, huge step for me. Even the factory pre-set went well. I understand I would need to jump into it again for a Threshold up-date, but I am going to quit while I am ahead, got use to a silent threshold anyway. So now, I have down loaded the new manual, and will try to learn this NEW machine. For now, will leave it a factory presets, and go from there. I had just bought a Minelab 900, up grade from the 800 I have, and so far I really like the 900, but I kind of wonder with this latest up grade on the Legend, if it would be on par with the new Manticore, after reading thru the new Legend manual, I am thinking that may very well be. Bottom line, Thank you guys for answering a lot of questions which helped a great deal. I'm sure that holds true for others as well. It's like having two new detectors at one time, not the smartest way to go but......

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...My thanks to "oldkoot", never received a "Winner" cup before, I'd like to also thank my wife, the two dogs, and of course the Treasure Net audience for your very generous votes...OR it could just be that I, Sprailroad (Dave) has been known to be (Tech. Challenged) for some time now, (by his own admission) only to suddenly and somehow managed to do his OWN up-grade, or is it down load...well, no matter, is a good enough reason for a winner cup. Anyway, glad it's done, so let's see how this puppy runs next time I take it out.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well...My thanks to "oldkoot", never received a "Winner" cup before, I'd like to also thank my wife, the two dogs, and of course the Treasure Net audience for your very generous votes...OR it could just be that I, Sprailroad (Dave) has been known to be (Tech. Challenged) for some time now, (by his own admission) only to suddenly and somehow managed to do his OWN up-grade, or is it down load...well, no matter, is a good enough reason for a winner cup. Anyway, glad it's done, so let's see how this puppy runs next time I take it out.
Hey I couldn't resist myself LOL

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HAPPY DAY! Not sure how I did it fella's, but my Legend is now a version # 11. Small step for mankind, huge step for me. Even the factory pre-set went well. I understand I would need to jump into it again for a Threshold up-date, but I am going to quit while I am ahead, got use to a silent threshold anyway. So now, I have down loaded the new manual, and will try to learn this NEW machine. For now, will leave it a factory presets, and go from there. I had just bought a Minelab 900, up grade from the 800 I have, and so far I really like the 900, but I kind of wonder with this latest up grade on the Legend, if it would be on par with the new Manticore, after reading thru the new Legend manual, I am thinking that may very well be. Bottom line, Thank you guys for answering a lot of questions which helped a great deal. I'm sure that holds true for others as well. It's like having two new detectors at one time, not the smartest way to go but......
The Legend definitely has surpassed the EQ800, and so far performance wise I think that the EQ900 and the Legend are the same. But the Legend has more features that could make it more versatile in different situations, or not. Only time will tell. šŸ˜

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread