Legend Target ID question....?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Son purchased a Legend a little while back and is doing absolutely great with it. I have been using the Deus 2 as much as possible lately to learn it as best i can.... We were recently hunting a yard/small field area where i have dug civil war bullets in the past. I immediately started finding dropped 3 ringers using the Deus 2 and before digging them i had my son check them with the legend to know what he was listening and looking for. After digging about 4 or so he called me over and said he had a good target....i checked the target with the Deus 2 and got a strong 74-75 signal. Now all the 3 ringers i had just dug were around the 7-8" mark and read 83-84 in the ground and out of the ground. I told him that his signal was a little low for a 3 ringer, but he looked confused.... The legend was actually reading higher on that target than the 3 ringers.... We dug the target and it was and older ringtab with a beaver tail. Even out of the ground the Legend reads the 3 ringers lower than the ringtab?? The Deus 2, AT PR0, Tesoro machines, etc. that i have had in the past always put 3 ringers higher than any ringtabs. Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks!

Last edited:

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like a good question. Can't help you out though. Don't recall having had anything at all with that high a number on my Legend yet. I will be alert now though to how a lead weight on the beach compared to a pull tab registers. Would older pull tabs be significantly different metal?

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like a good question. Can't help you out though. Don't recall having had anything at all with that high a number on my Legend yet. I will be alert now though to how a lead weight on the beach compared to a pull tab registers. Would older pull tabs be significantly different metal?
Well, the legend numbers top out at 60, where the Deus goes to 99. But I've never seen machines change the order of targets on the conductivity scale...

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:angry4: Guess I wasn't paying much attention. No wonder I haven't had any numbers that high.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread