Legend update 1.06 is available (dated 4-08-2022)

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks for posting it up already installed it was put up after I returned from a hunt in a very old park 90 miles from my house

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for posting it up already installed it was put up after I returned from a hunt in a very old park 90 miles from my house
You are welcome.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I installed the update, per the instructions. I turned the machine, off, and back on. I can see that it updated to 1.06. I go out to the test area, and run it through the modes. Field Mode read as Field 0, but would cycle through the single frequencies, and back to Field 0.
Park, Beach, and Gold Field we’re normal. I turn it off, and on again, and Field Mode now has Field 1 & 2.
However, it only has half the depth as before the update; no matter the discrimination, sensitivity, noise cancel, or ground balance.
I’m a little perplexed. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This was a thing with the Deus II also. After the last update performance went down. I'm going to stick with 1.05 until they fix this.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I installed the update, per the instructions. I turned the machine, off, and back on. I can see that it updated to 1.06. I go out to the test area, and run it through the modes. Field Mode read as Field 0, but would cycle through the single frequencies, and back to Field 0.
Park, Beach, and Gold Field we’re normal. I turn it off, and on again, and Field Mode now has Field 1 & 2.
However, it only has half the depth as before the update; no matter the discrimination, sensitivity, noise cancel, or ground balance.
I’m a little perplexed. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.
Not sure what would be causing less depth, based on everything I seen from some that recieved the 1.06 update ahead of the rest of us to me it appeared to be a little deeper.

can you give us some more details as to why you feel you lost depth with the legend with the new 1.06 update

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what would be causing less depth, based on everything I seen from some that recieved the 1.06 update ahead of the rest of us to me it appeared to be a little deeper.

can you give us some more details as to why you feel you lost depth with the legend with the new 1.06 update
Yes sir it’s odd. After the update, I went to my test area, and couldn’t hit deep coins. Before the update, I could, and the signal was as loud for a deep target, as it was for a shallow one. I also noticed that the clock was turned on, and the timer was running. I had never turned them on, before the update. The user profile was showing 2, something else I’d never messed with. I’d been using stock settings, previous to the update. You can’t (or at least I can’t) turn off the clock, or timer.
Anyway, after running the user profile, through the numbers 1 - 4, it seems to perform better, but user profile stays on 2.
Another thing since the update. , when I ground balance, using the pump method, the machine hums continuously.
It seems that the more I turn it on, and off, it self corrects. I’ll figure it out. No inanimate object is going to beat me. 😄

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes sir it’s odd. After the update, I went to my test area, and couldn’t hit deep coins. Before the update, I could, and the signal was as loud for a deep target, as it was for a shallow one. I also noticed that the clock was turned on, and the timer was running. I had never turned them on, before the update. The user profile was showing 2, something else I’d never messed with. I’d been using stock settings, previous to the update. You can’t (or at least I can’t) turn off the clock, or timer.
Anyway, after running the user profile, through the numbers 1 - 4, it seems to perform better, but user profile stays on 2.
Another thing since the update. , when I ground balance, using the pump method, the machine hums continuously.
It seems that the more I turn it on, and off, it self corrects. I’ll figure it out. No inanimate object is going to beat me. 😄
the timer is always on as well as the clock but you have to set the clock, as for the timer it is always running when the legend is on I believe that is the case whether you are detecting or not when you turn it on the timer starts adding time to the Legend

please keep us posted as to what you are seeing since installing the 1.06 update

the one thing I noticed on my legend is I now have a battery charge level indicator that was not there until I did the 1.06 update, I always felt that was a bit odd, before the 1.06 update the only way I could tell what my charge level was at was to plug the Legend in and start charging then I could see a battery level bar, once I would unplug from charging it would disappear so I always carried the spare battery under the arm cuff

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the timer is always on as well as the clock but you have to set the clock, as for the timer it is always running when the legend is on I believe that is the case whether you are detecting or not when you turn it on the timer starts adding time to the Legend

please keep us posted as to what you are seeing since installing the 1.06 update

the one thing I noticed on my legend is I now have a battery charge level indicator that was not there until I did the 1.06 update, I always felt that was a bit odd, before the 1.06 update the only way I could tell what my charge level was at was to plug the Legend in and start charging then I could see a battery level bar, once I would unplug from charging it would disappear so I always carried the spare battery under the arm cuff
That’s interesting, about your charge indicator. I always had one. I could watch it charge, and see it while I hunted. Thankfully, that didn’t go away with the upgrade. 😄

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Nokta rep said on their Facebook video that the charging chips that they used had variances. So some machines had an indicator, and some didn't. They just accepted the out-of-spec chips so that the machine release wasn't delayed any longer. Part of the update is supposed to fix this on all machines and make the segments on the charging indicator more linear.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Nokta rep said on their Facebook video that the charging chips that they used had variances. So some machines had an indicator, and some didn't. They just accepted the out-of-spec chips so that the machine release wasn't delayed any longer. Part of the update is supposed to fix this on all machines and make the segments on the charging indicator more linear.
well apparently they fixed it because now I can see just how much charge I have when I am detecting, I like it LOL

Zoboluski

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know if you can do the update on a Mac? I can’t find the info online?

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reinstalled V1.05. Everything is back to normal. Several other users, on Nokta pages, reported issues including loss of depth, hearing the target sweeping one direction, but not on the return sweep. Miss Dilek is being proactive, asking for feedback in order to prepare the next update. This is my first Nokta Makro. I like it, and want it to do all it’s designed to do. It’ll be quite a while, getting used to the tones, and VDI’s that reflect half of what I’m accustomed to. When I’m hunting, I have to keep telling myself, “this is not the AT Pro.” 🙂

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know if you can do the update on a Mac? I can’t find the info online?
Yes, you can. On the Nokta website, find The Legend page. The Update tab is near the bottom of the page. When you open it, you’ll see the option for Mac.

Zoboluski

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you can. On the Nokta website, find The Legend page. The Update tab is near the bottom of the page. When you open it, you’ll see the option for Mac.
Thank you!

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I reinstalled V1.05. Everything is back to normal. Several other users, on Nokta pages, reported issues including loss of depth, hearing the target sweeping one direction, but not on the return sweep. Miss Dilek is being proactive, asking for feedback in order to prepare the next update. This is my first Nokta Makro. I like it, and want it to do all it’s designed to do. It’ll be quite a while, getting used to the tones, and VDI’s that reflect half of what I’m accustomed to. When I’m hunting, I have to keep telling myself, “this is not the AT Pro.” 🙂
U.B: I do not know if this will help you or not but this was my experience when I attempted to update my Legend to the 1.06
the first thing I noticed was it seemed like initially when I downloaded the update from Nokta/Macro site the download did not completely download in other words my initial download of the 1.06 update did not complete and when I attempted to install the new update in my Legend it would not install due to it saved it to something in my PC that could not read it, what I ended up doing was deleting the initial 1.06 download from my Laptop, I then had to re download the 1.06 update once I did that it saved everything to where it was supposed to be correctly and I was then able to complete the install, all be it I had to switch USB ports on my laptop and use a different port from the one I used to do the 1.05 update.

I personally have not seen any of the issues others are reporting but the ones that are reporting the issues I think could be from the download not downloading properly the first time, do I know this to be fact no I do not just trying to let you know what occurred when I attempted the install of the 1.06 update

I will also tell you I am loving this new 1.06 update and I feel anyone that does not update their Legends to the new 1.06 update are losing out this is just my opinion, you have to do what you feel is best for yourself

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.B: I do not know if this will help you or not but this was my experience when I attempted to update my Legend to the 1.06
the first thing I noticed was it seemed like initially when I downloaded the update from Nokta/Macro site the download did not completely download in other words my initial download of the 1.06 update did not complete and when I attempted to install the new update in my Legend it would not install due to it saved it to something in my PC that could not read it, what I ended up doing was deleting the initial 1.06 download from my Laptop, I then had to re download the 1.06 update once I did that it saved everything to where it was supposed to be correctly and I was then able to complete the install, all be it I had to switch USB ports on my laptop and use a different port from the one I used to do the 1.05 update.

I personally have not seen any of the issues others are reporting but the ones that are reporting the issues I think could be from the download not downloading properly the first time, do I know this to be fact no I do not just trying to let you know what occurred when I attempted the install of the 1.06 update

I will also tell you I am loving this new 1.06 update and I feel anyone that does not update their Legends to the new 1.06 update are losing out this is just my opinion, you have to do what you feel is best for yourself
Thank you oldkoot. That does make sense. I’ve never turned friendly advice away. I’ll give reinstalling a try. I sure don’t have anything to lose.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well……..the V1.06 update has been removed from the website, until tomorrow, for revision. I can wait.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread