265 KB · Views: 42

detectorguy

Jan 10, 2013
Sacramento Ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Minelab, Xp
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been trying to do a update on my legend New owner three days ago. I can not update it yet Help...

Oct 28, 2022
Central Valley, California
Detector(s) used
Nokta Macro Legend
As
I have been trying to do a update on my legend New owner three days ago. I can not update it yet Help.
First off, congrats on buying the Nokta Legend! It's amazing! Go to theis update page on your computer, download the tool.
You should be good from there... Or a step by step is here:

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As

First off, congrats on buying the Nokta Legend! It's amazing! Go to theis update page on your computer, download the tool.
You should be good from there... Or a step by step is here:

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

Thanks for helping yet another member of the Legend Legion. I have found that this update tool worked for my grandson's Simplex as well.
An administrator could copy this to the Simplex thread if deemed a help.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for helping yet another member of the Legend Legion. I have found that this update tool worked for my grandson's Simplex as well.
An administrator could copy this to the Simplex thread if deemed a help.
Sanddog you better watch out for stealing my phrase, may see a suit coming your way LOL, and just so you know I am just joking with you so my statement is not takin serious LOL just could not resist

and yes welcome to the Legions of the Legend LOL

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking at the Nokta Makro web site I do not see the update for the legend. 1.09, is it within the Legend update tooly
(This is Critical to do after updating to 1.09 and also after doing the threshold update) and can only be done once you have updated to 1.09

ONCE YOUR DEVICE HAS BEEN UPDATED, PLEASE REVERT BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULTS!​

here is the 1.09 update, I also suggest you do the update on a windows 10 PC
Threshold Volume Update Tool (Windows) Threshold Volume Update Tool (macOS)

ONCE YOUR DEVICE HAS BEEN UPDATED, PLEASE REVERT BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULTS!​

Download: The Legend Update Tool (Windows) Includes System Software V1.09 - V1.07 - V1.05
Download: The Legend Update Tool (macOS) Includes System Software V1.09 - V1.07 - V1.05

you also want this update for the threshold it is a separate update from the 1.09 and a separate update tool for the threshold

Threshold Volume Update​

The threshold volume heard through the Bluetooth headphones has been updated to be more linear with the threshold level setting.

Download: Threshold Volume Update Tool (Windows)
Download: Threshold Volume Update Tool (macOS)

and this the new manual for the 1.09 you will need this new manual because the manual that came with yours does not include all the features and settings included in the 1.09 update

The Legend User Manual (EN)ViewDownload

Suncoast Kid

Feb 15, 2022
Detector(s) used
Minelab, XP
I stated this when the Legend first came out. The threshold tone, even after doing the latest 1.10 update, is still not a functional threshold tone like on other detectors, that changes with ground conditions, or deep targets, etc., but is still just a hum like background noise.
Look at how the threshold tone works on other detectors. It gives you useful information. If they need to work on anything before the release of the 1.11 update, it would be this feature. It sort of works in Goldfield, but still needs a good engineer to get it right. Right now it is still a useless feature on this detector, and I just leave it on zero. I would love to have them fix this, as I've used a threshold tone for the last 45 years.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I stated this when the Legend first came out. The threshold tone, even after doing the latest 1.10 update, is still not a functional threshold tone like on other detectors, that changes with ground conditions, or deep targets, etc., but is still just a hum like background noise.
Look at how the threshold tone works on other detectors. It gives you useful information. If they need to work on anything before the release of the 1.11 update, it would be this feature. It sort of works in Goldfield, but still needs a good engineer to get it right. Right now it is still a useless feature on this detector, and I just leave it on zero. I would love to have them fix this, as I've used a threshold tone for the last 45 years.
Well the Threshold in the Legend is not a true threshold in Park,Field and Beach modes in those three modes it is what is called a reference threshold, but the Gold Mode is what is called a true Threshold, the gold mode threshold is what most of us are accustomed to, to me the threshold in the park, field, and beach for me are almost useless I wish Nokta would change the threshold in those three mode to be like the threshold in the gold mode in the Legend,it would make the threshold much more useful in the other three modes

there is a big difference in a reference threshold and a true threshold

A reference threshold basically alerts you that your coil has passed over a discriminated target and that is pretty much all it does

A true threshold when set correctly will allert you that your coil has just passed over a target that needs to be investigated the True Threshold is much more useful to me, a true threshold can also when set correctly increase depth on a detector and gain you good targets, but set incorrectly can cost you depth and targets

Last edited:

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm wondering how much of an improvement goldfield will be in 1.11. In v1.09 it would hit a .12 gm nugget with no problem in ideal conditions. But you add high soil mineralization, hot rocks, boot tacks, and other assorted mining trash v1.09 just couldn't be stabilized.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm wondering how much of an improvement goldfield will be in 1.11. In v1.09 it would hit a .12 gm nugget with no problem in ideal conditions. But you add high soil mineralization, hot rocks, boot tacks, and other assorted mining trash v1.09 just couldn't be stabilized.
Not really sure, in the 1.10 soon to be 1.11 the only thing that has changed is they added the AG (Audio Gain) setting to the gold mode which works the same as the AG setting in park, field and beach mode, it helps to bring the audio out louder on deeper nuggets, which I feel is a great added feature to the gold mode, it helps in hearing the deeper gold nuggets that are just not quite loud enough or rite at the edge of giving a good audio response to tell you dig or no dig, other than that there has been no changes added to the Gold mode that I have noticed

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not really sure, in the 1.10 soon to be 1.11 the only thing that has changed is they added the AG (Audio Gain) setting to the gold mode which works the same as the AG setting in park, field and beach mode, it helps to bring the audio out louder on deeper nuggets, which I feel is a great added feature to the gold mode, it helps in hearing the deeper gold nuggets that are just not quite loud enough or rite at the edge of giving a good audio response to tell you dig or no dig, other than that there has been no changes added to the Gold mode that I have noticed
Audio gain is a feature that I never used in any gold detector. Too many stray pieces of iron are liable to blow your ears out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions