Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good morning detectors, have a question, about the Nokta Legend.
Do you ground balance or run in zero since most areas around me are not hot at all, and switching from 6" to 11" coils does it require a reset?
Replied to you on findmall but here you go copied and pasted my reply here
to answer your question ground balancing the Legend is dependant on the ground you are detecting as with pretty much any detector, if you are on what I refer to as cotton candy or ground that is like a cloud then a zero ground balance will most likely be all you need but if you are on ground like I detect which is on the extreme side of mineralization then the Legend will not run smooth at all at a zero ground balance, learn to activate the mineralization meter that was added with the 1.08 now 1.09 update it will tell you in a hurry what your ground is and whether you need to ground balance or not, for instance on the ground I detect the mineral meter on the left side which tells you what the iron particle content is in your ground, the right side of that same meter is for salt content in your ground, on the ground I detect the left side of that meter (Iron Particles) will literally peg at 10 bars and the right side of that same meter (Salt Content) will be at 5 bars by those reading if the mineral meter is correct the ground I detect is on the extreme side of mineralization there is no way I can run either of my legends at a zero ground balance my ground usually ground balances at a 96-98 in GB values

Last edited:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Concise, clear, simple explanation. Thanks from all us Legendaires. Mmmm... since it's from Turkey, would that make us Foreign Legendaires?
that will be Legions of the Legend LOL

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
my shirt I am having made

Attachments

• 316156114_10218109610211733_4081364291305764369_n.jpg
    316156114_10218109610211733_4081364291305764369_n.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 35

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you ground balance or run in zero since most areas around me are not hot at all, and switching from 6" to 11" coils does it require a reset?
the second part of your question is, personally I do a factory reset when I switch coils which is sometimes a pain in the Butt but it is what it is i just have to put my custom user profiles back in one is simple the other has a lot of notched TIDs so I have put down on a card to remember what those settings are

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the second part of your question is, personally I do a factory reset when I switch coils which is sometimes a pain in the Butt but it is what it is i just have to put my custom user profiles back in one is simple the other has a lot of notched TIDs so I have put down on a card to remember what those settings are
What is the purpose of the factory reset after switching coils?

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In most areas I run the Ground Tracking feature with good success. Only in areas with hot rocks does it seem to not be able to keep up.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
honestly I really cannot answer your question, when I was first starting out detecting the person that was teaching me said to do a factory reset if I switch to a different coil so I have always done a factory reset when I change coils I started out in 2009 and the person that was teaching me was from the metal detecting store I purchased my first detector from, I have also read it over the years by well known detectorist, It does not hurt anything in the detector so i just do it the way I was taught to do it

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ok your question got me to thinking about why to do a factory reset when changing coils so I posted a thread up about your question Back Of the Boat replied to my thread and here is what he said

back of the boat said he was having an issue at one time and contacted Garrett about the issue garrett's response to him was you need to perform a factory reset so the detector will recognize the coil you have switched to which does make a lot of since to me, I do recall the person that was teaching me about detecting saying something to that affect and never really thought about it until you posed a question to me. i am old so it takes my mind a little to remember things LOL

Adding to what I stated above I really do not think with the Legend you have to perform a factory reset when you change to a different coil there was no factory reset until they released the current 1.09 update to us until the 1.09 there was no way to do a factory reset.

Last edited:

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok your question got me to thinking about why to do a factory reset when changing coils so I posted a thread up about your question Back Of the Boat replied to my thread and here is what he said

back of the boat said he was having an issue at one time and contacted Garrett about the issue garrett's response to him was you need to perform a factory reset so the detector will recognize the coil you have switched to which does make a lot of since to me, I do recall the person that was teaching me about detecting saying something to that affect and never really thought about it until you posed a question to me. i am old so it takes my mind a little to remember things LOL

Adding to what I stated above I really do not think with the Legend you have to perform a factory reset when you change to a different coil there was no factory reset until they released the current 1.09 update to us until the 1.09 there was no way to do a factory reset.
Thats interesting, thanks for the response. I might give it a try to see if I notice any difference. Cant hurt right?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On most machines, if you do a factory reset, you lose whatever custom settings you have selected. The only time I do one is when the machine has a problem, not, just changing a coil.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats interesting, thanks for the response. I might give it a try to see if I notice any difference. Cant hurt right?
nope it cant hurt just be aware as I stated earlier and cudamark alluded to when you do a factory reset it will wipe any and all custom user profiles you have set up.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On most machines, if you do a factory reset, you lose whatever custom settings you have selected. The only time I do one is when the machine has a problem, not, just changing a coil.
with the Legend Nokta/Macro plainly states when installing a new update like going from 1.07 to 1.09 to do a factory reset again the factory reset is only available if someones Legend is updated to 1.09

1.04, 1.05, and 1.07 there was no way to do a factory reset

When I received my first Legend it came with 1.04 version and I always thought it was strange that there was no way to do a factory reset it took Nokta/Macro 4 updates to finally add a way to do a factory reset which was done with the 1.08 update which then was quickly changed to 1.09 version

OP
OP
RwP

RwP

Feb 12, 2020
Midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Thanks for reaching us...

Does not require a factory reset when you change the coils.

Best Regards
Serdar DURMAZ
Regional Sales Representative

picture

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I always just do an auto GB every once in a while. Unless your ground is changing step-by-step, you don't really need tracking. If you're chasing whispy, elusive signals tracking can make you lose targets.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Factory reset when switching coils? OK I guess, but before the up-dates 8 & or 9, I do not think we were able to do one, "Factory resets", no other detector I have owned required or suggested it, but then again, the Legend is a different machine from Minelabs or Garretts. I have not up-dated to 8 or 9, not yet anyway, (Tech. challenged)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions