Leopard Shot In Indiana

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
...well seeins how Leopards are not native so one would expect one,a "Pro",(idiot)told her it was a Bobcat(which can be legally killed)they have a right to protect their pets and/or livestock,lets not judge :thumbsup:....and would a zoo have been a more humane?For bait really?Why?Did they torture this animal?No,bit over reactive dont ya think?
Points well taken. A zoo, yes, in some instances there are some fates worse than death, just seemed like a terrible waste to me. And I am not arguing that they didnt have a right to protect their pets. However, they should have known, seen what they were shooting. Anyone shooting at shadows and not clearly seeing what they are shooting at is an idiot, in my opinion. Saying to use him as bait was an attempt at humor. A poor attempt in your opinion, I see. :-)

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:...I totally agree with you as well.....

OP
OP
Number9

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Most people I've talked with over the years, when asked.. Would you shoot a large cat?

Many say they wouldn't, or didn't.

When I saw that "Panther" that October morning.. I was looking for my camera.. not my gun!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my buddy and I saw the 2 Black Panthers it was probably 35 yrs ago. We enjoyed watching them seeing they werent really there according to the Game Wardens and the state of Florida. We probably watched them for about 5 mins till they got spooked and ran. We then went to where we had saw them to see the tracks and get a size of their feet. There was no tracks to find at all no signs that they were even there. But we know what we saw...seeing is believing. I havent seen any UFOs but I do believe it is possible there is life out there in the distance.

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
When my buddy and I saw the 2 Black Panthers it was probably 35 yrs ago. We enjoyed watching them seeing they werent really there according to the Game Wardens and the state of Florida. We probably watched them for about 5 mins till they got spooked and ran. We then went to where we had saw them to see the tracks and get a size of their feet. There was no tracks to find at all no signs that they were even there. But we know what we saw...seeing is believing. I havent seen any UFOs but I do believe it is possible there is life out there in the distance.

Saw a black panther myself in Louisianna the summer of 1976. I remember specifically because it was the year of the Bicentennial. I was on a Trailways bus coming back from Texas, looking out the window as we rolled down the highway. As clear as day I watched a huge black cat running along a fence line, then turn and leap through an opening into a swampy wooded area. It was incredible, I can still picture it in my mind. A very awesome moment. Thanks for reminding me of it.

OP
OP
Number9

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I'd say a lot of cats are inbred...

9047_519194601468465_245389466_n.jpg

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....why dont they ever kill one of these phantom Black Panthers???Cant argue with that?I find it extremely odd that one has not been killed even if by a car....I mean to listen to yall,they are all over?No sightings dont hold credibility....proof does.If I went after every "sighting",of a problem animal I would never sleep,and if I took what every body reportedly seen as th truth I would be thoroughly convinced that I must be blind!Show me a dead animal,and I am convinced....show me....Missori Style

So we should kill one and take to the game warden. Wonder how much that fine would cost.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a storm last year in vietnam and hundreds of crocodiles escaped from a breeding farm into the rivers. The authorities said not to worry, all have been captured. LOL.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello!I have returned from the dead specifically to apologize and admit I was likely wrong...(Number9,and who ever else)I never said there wasnt a chance of an escaped Black Leopard,which this may be.I did say that likely there isnt a breeding population of black cats....especially cougars(very rarely melanism causes them to be black)This melanism is much more prevelant in Leopards which are not native to America,nor anywhere they could migrate,so they are escapee's.There is Melanistic Jaguars as well,and there are reports of Jaguars moving into the South.Again,no breeding populations of Black Cats.This cat seen in KY. appears to most definitely be a Leopard.Note the spots as well. 11902299_10207795569795296_7817265699967476089_n.jpg

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
around here I can think of 2 Things I'd avoid. Skunk for Obvious reason.
I was walking into an old Grown up fairgrounds once, and caught a skunk
walking along to the left of me. Needless to say, I froze long enough for more distance between us
then Walked to the right :laughing7:

and Barking / Growling Dogs in the wild.
Haven't had the problem yet, but would
most likely pick up something that would hopefully do permanent damage :tongue3:

anything else I can think of I would try to co-Exist with, as long as it doesn't have me cornered, and hopefully doesn't walk up to me.

I have a phobia to hair on any live animal, especially wild ones.
(unless my hands are muddy/dirty)
if they are fresh dead, I can skin them with a knife & my bare hands,
but when alive for some reason I Don't like touching animals with clean hands :BangHead:

Come lay down on my couch, I assure no animals have ever rested there. Let's talk about this phobia!? That will be 175$ dollars for an hour.....no checks

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the whole leopard deal........they were never here in N.America,so they obviously came from a Zoo,or a private collection.Not good....all our native cats need is more competition....house cats are bad enough!!

They are in South America? They do walk? Just asking.....

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think so clay :tongue3: if they start discussing political parties or politicians,
and you catch it before I do, hit report, & I'll delete their post.
even if it's 10,000 words on topic & one sentence is political :laughing7:

It's OK to shoot elephants but not donkeys.... It's OK to shoot donkeys but not elephants

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's OK to shoot elephants but not donkeys.... It's OK to shoot donkeys but not elephants

You can shoot Both in My Book.
Just grind me up enough to Make a Burger of each,
So I can taste which is Better .

Donkey meat looks Better.

Donkey-Meat.jpg_220x220.jpg

since cooked Elephant looks like Poop

elephant.jpg

though probably it can be blamed on the cook.

honestly Elephant looks pretty Lean. making me hungry :laughing7:

images.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread