lets all say a prayer for Ray

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
Im sure most of you who are into the hobby of metal detecting for gold are aware of the current affairs as of late pertaining to the health of Ray Mills. I havnt read anything on this forum about it so Ill speak up. From what Ive heard he doesnt want to be bombarded with well wishes directly, but if he so chooses to read it on here, I hope he does.
I do not know him on personal level, but I have bumped into him a time or two. Ill say it like it is. Ray, you are the bs'er of all bs'ers. When I was still green behind the ears id ask him for a little advice, some was good, some I questioned.... after my luck picked up, his advice got more dicey. Dont ask him about what settings to use, thats all I have to say. Ray I say this all in good humor, we are all praying for you, take it easy for now, there's plenty more gold left for you to dig. Hope to see you back on the trail after your recovery. -Gabe

Upvote 4

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first coils over the nugget patches turned up some incredible gold!
Ray’s been nothing but open about helping everyone.

He was kind enough to take me to a couple of his “spots” based on a cold call.
Never met or spoke to him prior. We got along great and I have always wanted to go back out again.
Of course I’ve never been back to those spots out of respect.

Great treasure hunter.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ray, you've given me good advice in the past, and you've always been great to answer my questions.

Here's praying for your speedy recovery.

All the best,

Lanny

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly don,t know Ray,but judging by the comments here He,s a man I,d like,and I,ll wish any man a quick recovery from sickness.Get well soon,Ray.

Matthews940

Jan 8, 2020
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 9.46.03 PM.png

I spoke with him in Sept also and he's out and about doing Nugget Shooting lessons. https://www.facebook.com/ray.mills.37625

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny the new activity on this thread. I bumped into him Sunday on the trail. Could see that full head of silver hair a quarter mile away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread