Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Name is Vinny and I live near Fredericksburg (Goldvein, VA). Nox 800 and Teknetics Patriot. illing to travel about 2 hours and it would be mostly weekends. Hope to link up and go do some hunting.

For the price...Teknetics are hard to beat,love my Liberator :)

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had that happen to me way too many times - ive been detecting over 40 yrs so
have had a lot of opportunities to allow it
I took a guy to a water spot i was finding old gold rings and silver
he is retired and can hunt every day - we hit there on my day off and I get 3 gold and he got one
week later I ask him if he wants to go back on my day off - he says he thinks we got it all
and does not want to waste his time - I had planned on going back and told him i was going there
when I arrived an old man that feeds the birds almost every day was sitting there on a bench
I said good morning - I saw him the week before and showed the gold from that day - he had told me some stories
from long ago - I get ready to head out and he says "your pal was here the other day" I say "Pal?"
"Yeah, guy you were with last week" "He was here with like 4 other guys" I was po'ed
I ended up confronting him in a round about way and he kept squirming around it and i finally
said "remember the old guy on the bench?...He said he saw your truck here the other day" BuSTED
and Ive lost a bunch of permissions with the guys driving by joining in thinking because Im hunting they can too
have approached guys and asked "Do you know Steve?" "Who's Steve?" "The owner of this property that I have permission from!"
I dont own it so i cant really by rights tell them to leave - Ive had farmers come out with a frown and
say "bunch of your buddies were here the other day" "I have no "buddies"" "well they I guess saw you here
and can in with a handful of guys and made a mess" "Wtf" "So I guess i have to tell you ...you cant hunt here
any more ...I dont want all these strangers on my property...sorry" - have gotten this more and more lately

Man o man! Sorry to hear this happened to you. I try not to be negative about people, but that person was a moron. You were nice enough to share a producing permission with him and he pulled that stunt.

Just wanted to say thanks again for sharing your finds with us. Always fun to see what you come up with.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Permissions and invites.

Have a permission-get another permission for the invite(s)

Lost one 250 acre multi homesite permission for the that very reason-a simple invite. Just too much activity in the eyes of the land holder, they had other issues with the site not related to detecting but it was straw that broke the permission.

I treat every permission with high regard as if it's the only permission I have, keep the cards close to the heart, and not to show the hand too much.
Folks are getting to know me in the area-they know I respect the land owners anonymity of what's on their lands-and they know I don't say squat.

The last permission was from a 600+ acre landowner that hates anyone on his land/sits beside a 300 acre permission of the same mind set (well probably more) I don't like anyone on my lands-but you can go on any of my land anytime you want-I'm still in a tad of shock. Though I know that I am the solitary hunter on these two permissions.

I have shared a few sites with a fellow hunter and I have asked every time prior to the hunt meet up if they're allowed. Oh I can detect the reluctant YES that is given and a ya just this once type thing.

Permissions are lost-gained for various reasons and to have them mature over time.

Having 8000 acres more or less is a gift of generosity and not taken likely. I call the owners many times-to let them know if something isn't quite right with something. Each time i get the big thank you-we'll take care of it...

It stings it does when I've heard the words "Oh I think you've had enough fun" But.....................

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Any "How-to-do" University of Virginia "here about" to learn PROPER stuff (how to get permission, etc.)...? Be a N.P. Treasure Hunters University on TN years ago was WONDERFUL!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
MAYBE, create one...? Have LOTS of potential "teachers"; good old boys meeting around a camp-fire is nice...BUT!

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont detect all that much but I've had issues taking people to my digging spots.
Once you take someone one time they sometimes feel they can go whenever they want, even if it's on your claim.
I dont involve anyone these days, gold does weird things to people.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I dont detect all that much but I've had issues taking people to my digging spots.
Once you take someone one time they sometimes feel they can go whenever they want, even if it's on your claim.
I dont involve anyone these days, gold does weird things to people.
:laughing7: You rekon...? :coffee2:

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been sick for almost a year but things are finally getting better. I got a Equinox 600 and an X-Terra 705 that are itching to get out in the dirt. Looking for an older partner, (like myself) to detect and have fun. I don't have any sites though.

anotheroutlaw

Greenie
Jul 12, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, just joined up. It looks like this thread needs some new activity so I'll post here as well.

I'm in Roanoke/Salem.
Equinox 800
I travel often so distance isn't really an issue for me.

I am very good at research, so I've identified more acreage to scour than I can cover in the next decade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions