Lets go bottling!Or Gold hunting? Mother Lode Hwy 49

Anyone wanna teach me some bottle digging tips in ghostowns today?

• bottles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • gold country

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am Comming ther in January from Japan...I will be in San Diego! Hope we can meet up sometime!

daydreamer

Dec 22, 2005
CHICO- Northern California
Detector(s) used
anything handy
I was up there this summer. Lots of History to find, even ore cars, model t parts, and old stamp mills. Mostly the good stuff is not on a map, and the access is tough( think vertical ). I have a spot I need to work up there come spring, lots of gold and silver.

Most of the area is claimed up, and posted.

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
daydreamer said:
I was up there this summer. Lots of History to find, even ore cars, model t parts, and old stamp mills. Mostly the good stuff is not on a map, and the access is tough( think vertical ). I have a spot I need to work up there come spring, lots of gold and silver.

Most of the area is claimed up, and posted.

sounds like it might be a lot of fun to poke around the area.

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LETS GO, Sounds like fun

jc from Ceres, CA

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
jannanet said:
On a whim, I'm going to do a little poking around for deserted ghost towns in the Mother Lode area and am asking, on a whim, if anyone wants to join me, as I am a rookie and am wingin it today.
Leaving Sacto in an hour.

I would love to be able to find a couple of ghost towns in the Mother Lode area, but I think that these area up there are few and far between. I have been around Randsburg, Ca. But have never hunted there.

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
there is one old ghost town in amateur county i know about. it,s been 20 years sense i was there so i don,t know if it still is standing ,but if i remember right it,s Berry's ghosttown it used to be an old lumbermill town when i was there ,there was about 6 building standing . but the place is on private property and i don,t thank thy will,let anyone in back there . also theres a place called caldor that used to be an old mill town nothings standing there anymore but the railroad used to stop there and it had a two story hotel all the way up in till the late 1960. still it might be a good place to use a M D .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread