Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Has anyone in the U.S received one of the new coils, if anyone has can you please give an opinion on it because I will admit I am on the fence on this new 9.5x6 inch coil, on the Simplex plus the SP 24 9.5x5 coil works fantastic on the simplex but after watchig a video on youtube posted by History Revisited I am pretty unimpressed by his comparison test between the 9.5x6 inch coil and the 6 inch round coil the 6 inch round coil out performed the 9.5x6

here is the video I referred to

RwP

Feb 12, 2020
Midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone in the U.S received one of the new coils, if anyone has can you please give an opinion on it because I will admit I am on the fence on this new 9.5x6 inch coil, on the Simplex plus the SP 24 9.5x5 coil works fantastic on the simplex but after watchig a video on youtube posted by History Revisited I am pretty unimpressed by his comparison test between the 9.5x6 inch coil and the 6 inch round coil the 6 inch round coil out performed the 9.5x6

here is the video I referred to

I'm in the same boat, think I'll just wait till there are a lot more information on it.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One test isn't conclusive and for some reason, almost nobody is testing the LG24 or the LG30. The 24 has the same width as the 15, so the depth is going to be comparable. The length of the LG24 is 3.5" longer so the increased ground noise might be a factor too. Another reason that the LG15 could have performed better is that it's a much better coil than the average 6" round. Round coils go deeper than elliptical coils in general, and elliptical coils offer better sensitivity at shallower depths. We've all seen it a thousand times, we scour an area for hours and get everything, supposedly, then go back the next week and pop out deep coins like you were never there. So I'm not going to take one test so seriously. I'm for sure going to get both of these coils because I don't think Nokta would release coils that don't work. Or you could wait for the NEL or CORS version of the LG24.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One test isn't conclusive and for some reason, almost nobody is testing the LG24 or the LG30. The 24 has the same width as the 15, so the depth is going to be comparable. The length of the LG24 is 3.5" longer so the increased ground noise might be a factor too. Another reason that the LG15 could have performed better is that it's a much better coil than the average 6" round. Round coils go deeper than elliptical coils in general, and elliptical coils offer better sensitivity at shallower depths. We've all seen it a thousand times, we scour an area for hours and get everything, supposedly, then go back the next week and pop out deep coins like you were never there. So I'm not going to take one test so seriously. I'm for sure going to get both of these coils because I don't think Nokta would release coils that don't work. Or you could wait for the NEL or CORS version of the LG24.
I will tell you the 6 inch round coil has depth's that to me are kind of unreal for a 6 inch coil, what I have personally dug with that 6 inch coil astounded me, I personally dug a target in a park with that 6 inch coil that was deeper than the Pulse Dive pin pointer that target was 3 -4 inches deeper than the Pulse dive pin pointer is in length and the only reason I dug that target was because of the TID i was getting which was a solid 17 that ID is the same as my wedding band rings up, and just so you know the depth I am talking the Pulse dive pin pointer is at least three inches longer than the original Garrett pin pointer which is around the same length as the Fisher F pulse pin pointer, again that target was 3-4 inches deeper than the Pulse Dive pin pointer, it ended up being a trash target but just the fact that that little 6 inch coil was able to see it was kind of amazing

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will tell you the 6 inch round coil has depth's that to me are kind of unreal for a 6 inch coil, what I have personally dug with that 6 inch coil astounded me, I personally dug a target in a park with that 6 inch coil that was deeper than the Pulse Dive pin pointer that target was 3 -4 inches deeper than the Pulse dive pin pointer is in length and the only reason I dug that target was because of the TID i was getting which was a solid 17 that ID is the same as my wedding band rings up, and just so you know the depth I am talking the Pulse dive pin pointer is at least three inches longer than the original Garrett pin pointer which is around the same length as the Fisher F pulse pin pointer, again that target was 3-4 inches deeper than the Pulse Dive pin pointer, it ended up being a trash target but just the fact that that little 6 inch coil was able to see it was kind of amazing
Yes, the depth is utterly amazing and the other thing that impresses me is it's separation. Last week I was using v1.10 for the first time and the 6" in an extremely trashy area of one of my parks. The grass has a solid layer of trash, iron, and foil in the first couple of inches. In a 6'x6' area I pulled out 3 dimes and 2 quarters in just a couple of minutes. The coins stood out so completely from the trash, it was unreal. That 6" coil is awesome.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, the depth is utterly amazing and the other thing that impresses me is it's separation. Last week I was using v1.10 for the first time and the 6" in an extremely trashy area of one of my parks. The grass has a solid layer of trash, iron, and foil in the first couple of inches. In a 6'x6' area I pulled out 3 dimes and 2 quarters in just a couple of minutes. The coins stood out so completely from the trash, it was unreal. That 6" coil is awesome.
my problem with the 6 inch round coil is it feels like I an swinging a feather around in the air LOL I was the same way with the 6 inch round hockey puck that came with my Xterra 705 LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions