Liberty head button ?

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a celler hole in the middle of nowhere. After some research i know the land was purchased in 1817 and by 1850 the land owner was dead. The earliest maps i can find are from 1864 and it shows no house or road coming anywhere near the site. Pretty sure after the owner died his brother( who owned the property next to him) burned down the house and took over the land. So the occupation of the site was very short, as are the finds. So far all that has come from the site is one 1827 Large Cent and this button...
039.jpg
Sorry for the bad image. As you can see,it's smalled then a penny, the bust looks almost like a matron head cent and has stars all around it. I can't find anything about it . All my searches turn up are ebay and etsy results. Can anyone help me out on this?

Upvote 4

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really interesting; it appears to state "Liberty" and looks to have a date at the bottom. Yes, photos of the back please and, if you choose to clean with a wooden toothpick, cleaned pictures also. This is neat, and could be really neat.

aj

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yours doesn't appear to be brass?

OP
OP
Wyoming Valley Relics
Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's a 2 piece button , the back is iron and all rusted .It does say liberty on her head band but no date on it . looks exactly like the one in the link Baspinall posted. As i said the picture is bad , the side with the face is copper or brass, it has a greenish patina to it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions