Light electric and hydraulic small scale rock moving equipment

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Starting a general thread on the topic of moving rock small scale with electric and hydraulic equipment.
Will start with self made equipment as most such equipment is unbelievably costly.
Will post some pictures of the components that make this possible. Some may ask why electric? The answer is electric can be effective underground with no fumes etc..

Just a thread to discuss how to move rock efficiently and not break your back........lol.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not electric or hydrophilic but it works and not as backbreaking as one might think,Start Vid. around 2:00 mark.
>>

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its not electric or hydrophilic but it works and not as backbreaking as one might think,Start Vid. around 2:00 mark.
>>

Yep most of us have been here at this level moving rock. Sure beets a crow / pry bar......lol.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I put an add out in the Craigs listings and there are people who have unused hydraulics laying around for sure. I thinking this is were I will start.

I picked up a electric lift from a second hand store that will lift and swing up to around 380 lbs. quickly. I'm thinking this could move a lot of rock in one day within the swing range (3 ft. or so). If a base with wheels is made the range of motion would be greater.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I mill big timber frame out on a claim there will be a lot less frame materials I will have to carry in. Now I'm starting to think half wood half metal may be the way to go.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got 2 hydraulic motors, hoses, flow control valves off of Craig listing for little cost that should make a nice 4 wheel drive rock mover.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wheel barrows work pretty good...
Gt ...
Yes wheel barrows work reasonable. What I'm talking about is a hydraulic version that can break down for storage and packing.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm even thinking of a electric wheelbarrow as well for fire season charging the batteries underground.

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
Paratech produces three Air Lifting Bag systems, each with different capabilities. The MaxiForce line is a high pressure Air Lifting Bag available in 14 different sizes. It is made from 3 layers of Neoprene covered Aramid fiber reinforcement and has the power to lift, move or shift weights up to 89 tons (80.9 metric tons) per bag.

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
I'm even thinking of a electric wheelbarrow as well for fire season charging the batteries underground.
These are winter projects, the prospecting season will be long over before you get something built to move large stones.

Then if your contraption does not work as intended you've wasted the season.

I thought your claim was on a steep mountain side or have you acquired another claim on flat ground.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
These are winter projects, the prospecting season will be long over before you get something built to move large stones.

Then if your contraption does not work as intended you've wasted the season.

I thought your claim was on a steep mountain side or have you acquired another claim on flat ground.
Just a project that can be worked on at any time. Yes the work will be on steep ground with the possibility of moving rock onto a adjacent area that is more flat. One can also move rock onto a bench that is made.

OP
OP
Assembler

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The main point of some equipment that can be broken down is that you have a chance of moving it to the rock itself. Packing out the rock ore is not always realistic when you have a very small deposit or if it pinches out on you and other factors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread