Listwanite and gold

kikinit247

Dec 20, 2013
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anybody ever crush listwanite for gold? There is a listwanite-nickel-gold deposit near where I live. I have found listwanite in several locations in the same county. Mostly what I am wondering is if the gold in listwanite can occur as free milling. Hand crushing rock takes elbow grease and I am trying to determine if it is worth the effort. Any knowledge about listwanite and gold would be much appreciated.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Near have crushed it to see.
But it seems that there have been recoveries in different locations around the globe.
The answer might be in the link as it's a in-depth study on the topic from Atlin BC
Screen shot was from page 35
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 6.11.39 AM.png

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anybody ever crush listwanite for gold? There is a listwanite-nickel-gold deposit near where I live. I have found listwanite in several locations in the same county. Mostly what I am wondering is if the gold in listwanite can occur as free milling. Hand crushing rock takes elbow grease and I am trying to determine if it is worth the effort. Any knowledge about listwanite and gold would be much appreciated.
A listwanite specimen I saw on ebay mentions visible gold which indicates free milling gold can occur.

OP
OP
K

kikinit247

Dec 20, 2013
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you pepperj and arizau! I still need to read the link that pepperj provided. I am currently reading about phase 1 and phase 2 mineralization of listwanite. I have roughly a hundred pounds of samples to look through. I think I will start by running my Falcon MD20 over them. Then I will visually inspect with a loupe. If nothing shows up after that I'm just going to pick a chunk that looks good to me, crush with mortar and pestle, then pan. If any gold turns up, I'll be sure to share the pics here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread