Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had to run errands today and one of them brought me to another town 40 miles away so I decided to 'relic prospect' a site I noticed just before the end of last treasure hunting season. I only had an hour to spare so after be-bopping with my detector for around a half hour I decided it was probably less likely a homestead and more likely a stagecoach stop with a fifties dumpsite contaminating the older site (unfortunately period trashpiles can attract more recent trash from unscrupulous types).

Took a little hoe I travel with and raked the hillside and popped a wheatie, then I ran my detector in 'shortie' mode over the fresh raked 2 foot square and popped something really cool. Wish there wasn't site contamination but there are Victorian period goodies there. When I return to my full time job in May I will be commuting past this spot so kinda excited to have a spot to quickhunt on way home this summer.

The primer box is copper and contains something that rattles...probably primers but maybe someone's nugget stash.....hmmmmmm. I'll let you know. Have a nice weekend and keep diggin'!

Attachments

• spot the find.JPG
    spot the find.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 193
  • penny.JPG
    penny.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 80
  • hosenail.JPG
    hosenail.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 71
  • site contamination.JPG
    site contamination.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 69
  • cool find.JPG
    cool find.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 76
  • primer box.JPG
    primer box.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 101
  • quick cleaning.JPG
    quick cleaning.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
Upvote 10

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a nice container, it'll display nicely. Well done 👏
Hope there is a keeper inside.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I had a Blue Heeler who went artifact hunting with me from the time he was a little pup and I'd be pulling those prickly long cactus needles constantly out of his paws. By the time he was a year old he learned to avoid everyone of them. Even when chased deer he'd miss them all.

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find. I had a Blue Heeler who went artifact hunting with me from the time he was a little pup and I'd be pulling those prickly long cactus needles constantly out of his paws. By the time he was a year old he learned to avoid everyone of them. Even when chased deer he'd miss them all.
Put my knee right on one of the cacti my first hole then my favorite dig pouch tore off my belt. Kind of one of those days..lol but thank you very much. I was going to go digging today but after four days in a row I need a break (I am pushing 50 years old) so instead I may work on restoring the artifact and seeing what's inside, sort of still deciding if its worth it...do not want to damage it (destroyed my fair share of artifacts believe me and it always feels terrible). Blue heelers are great dogs, one of my best friends in college had one and I adored that dog. Thanks for lookin'

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Pepper I hope you can go digging soon, I know its a little colder in your parts.
Rain now, snow receding a good amount. Bush still has 4-8" of coverage.
Southside of areas looking barer.
Few weeks yet, frost still a factor even if it's bare.
Couldn't walk in a dirt field now, mud would be a sinker.
So what was in the primer box?

OP
OP
R

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rain now, snow receding a good amount. Bush still has 4-8" of coverage.
Southside of areas looking barer.
Few weeks yet, frost still a factor even if it's bare.
Couldn't walk in a dirt field now, mud would be a sinker.
So what was in the primer box?
Getting there then Pepper cool, turns out you will be really hitting your stride when I'm getting busy again so I will enjoy seeing what you find when I get chances to come up for air. Here is the clean n' reveal on the box.

Attachments

• IMG_0367.JPG
    IMG_0367.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 37

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Getting there then Pepper cool, turns out you will be really hitting your stride when I'm getting busy again so I will enjoy seeing what you find when I get chances to come up for air. Here is the clean n' reveal on the box.
That cleaned up right nice, well done.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to run errands today and one of them brought me to another town 40 miles away so I decided to 'relic prospect' a site I noticed just before the end of last treasure hunting season. I only had an hour to spare so after be-bopping with my detector for around a half hour I decided it was probably less likely a homestead and more likely a stagecoach stop with a fifties dumpsite contaminating the older site (unfortunately period trashpiles can attract more recent trash from unscrupulous types).

Took a little hoe I travel with and raked the hillside and popped a wheatie, then I ran my detector in 'shortie' mode over the fresh raked 2 foot square and popped something really cool. Wish there wasn't site contamination but there are Victorian period goodies there. When I return to my full time job in May I will be commuting past this spot so kinda excited to have a spot to quickhunt on way home this summer.

The primer box is copper and contains something that rattles...probably primers but maybe someone's nugget stash.....hmmmmmm. I'll let you know. Have a nice weekend and keep diggin'!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread