Little Roadtrip

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
So, since my area is tapped out on dimes and quarters thanks to me, I went on a little road trip. I called around and one bank had some halves, they didnt say how many. They said I would be required to open an account to get the halves, I asked how much and they said $1. I jumped on it.

I opened the account and all they had was 9 rolls of Brinks Halves. I ended up getting an box of dimes as well, both skunks. Went to another random bank, got a brick of dimes and got one 1950 out of it. Not too happy with that. My early year 1 silver for every 19.5 rolls is being crushed right now with 4 rosies in 330 rolls in the last 2 days.

Hit another bank who had no halves but I talked with the bank's vault manager on the phone for a bit. Went in and introduced myself, we talked about CRH'ing for about 30 minutes and he let me know that if he could have my name and number, he would contact me when their machine fills up and I could buy the bags off of them instead of them shipping them out. I jumped on that. They will only sell $1000 bags at a time. So $1000 dimes, quarters and halves. Looking forward to that! :D

So I figured I would grab some nickels from two branches. Hit up two branches that I have an account with and though the one here in my town wont order halves, the one there will minimum order of 2 boxes. I am fine with that. :D

So, I have done one box of nickels so far. Saving the other for tomorrow morning and then I will be trying to source another $450 worth for the weekend. I got twins out of this box, my first and second buffalo's. One no mint and one D marked.

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0527.jpg

I am quite pleased.

Upvote 0

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, that is better than nothing! I haven't had much luck with dimes....given i haven't tried that much either! lol.
I have 2 and a half places that let me buy the bags off the coin counters.
One place i never have bought one...but they say i can...so im looking forward to that!
And the half...is because one bank, the only woman there that has an I.Q. above that of a gold fish, is the only one who will let me buy the bags...and she has been MIA for about a month!
Good luck!!

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
conleytheking said:
Hey, that is better than nothing! I haven't had much luck with dimes....given i haven't tried that much either! lol.
One place i never have bought one...but they say i can...so im looking forward to that!
And the half...is because one bank, the only woman there that has an I.Q. above that of a gold fish, is the only one who will let me buy the bags...and she has been MIA for about a month!
Good luck!!

I have been having outstanding luck on dimes.

12-29-11: 86 rolls. 2 Rosies 1 Merc
12-30-11: 138 rolls. 3 rosies 1 Canadian
1-3-12 : 274 rolls. 13 rosies 1 Merc
1-4-12 : 200 rolls. 3 Rosies

Today : 106 rolls. 1 rosie

My best finds came from a bank that rolls customer brought in dimes/quarters/nickels. I think that might be why my dimes have been paying off, maybe someone dumped a collection? I have been thinking these were string rolls but I guess I am wrong, as I found out a few days ago.

Regardless, Dimes have been doing good and I hope they continue to do good. I Bought one bag and got 3 rosies out of it from another bank in town.

Have you purchased quarters etc in bags, how has that treated you?

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
The_EE said:
conleytheking said:
Good luck!!

My best finds came from a bank that rolls customer brought in dimes/quarters/nickels. I think that might be why my dimes have been paying off, maybe someone dumped a collection? I have been thinking these were string rolls but I guess I am wrong, as I found out a few days ago.

Regardless, Dimes have been doing good and I hope they continue to do good. I Bought one bag and got 3 rosies out of it from another bank in town.

I haven't. I have never really bought a full bag..
When i discovered my favorite bank, i asked for halves, and bought $380...and i thought to myself...they are from strings or some thing...I wont have much luck...then i opened them all and found 93 40%s, one 64, and one frank...
So I started going back...come to find out, they machine roll the coins when the bag is full...So I went back about a month later, and there was only $86 in the counter in halves, but they sold it to me anyway..
I was there yesterday and bought two rolls of quarters to wash my car., and had a 1950 ender...so i went back and bought $200 more in quarters, and $60 in dimes...nothing.
But, that all just means that I know what rolls to get from there!

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
conleytheking said:
The_EE said:
conleytheking said:
Good luck!!

I haven't. I have never really bought a full bag..
When i discovered my favorite bank, i asked for halves, and bought $380...and i thought to myself...they are from strings or some thing...I wont have much luck...then i opened them all and found 93 40%s, one 64, and one frank...
So I started going back...come to find out, they machine roll the coins when the bag is full...So I went back about a month later, and there was only $86 in the counter in halves, but they sold it to me anyway..
I was there yesterday and bought two rolls of quarters to wash my car., and had a 1950 ender...so i went back and bought $200 more in quarters, and $60 in dimes...nothing.
But, that all just means that I know what rolls to get from there!

My first CRH purchase was $100 in string halves, I pulled 16 - 40% halves out of them, that is the last they have had. They said they have some halves on the way in a week or two, we will see what happens. I am excited to see them produce.

I have a bank here that deals with businesses so they have bags and bags of change. I likely wont use them again as a source for silver only because I have dropped off several thousand in dimes over the last week there so, I know I am diluting those waters. They are going to be my dump bank but they said they will hold halves if they get them in and I wont dump halves there.

I am now $300 into doing Nickels, not one War Nickel so far. Going to do my $100 I have in the car, tomorrow morning, dump these and try to get another $450 in nickels for the weekend.

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I buy boxes when i can get them, but I have never had alot of luck with them..
I have more than likely only had like 10-15 boxes (sealed boxes)...most of them were not skunks...but only1-4 silver per box.
Not too bad. A lot of people on here seem to get really lucky with boxes, but they are also doing 5-15 boxes at a time.
I'd say it is just about being persistent.
As far as dumping goes...I use my personal bank as a dump bank...its a CU with 2 branches, both have coin counters..
I also use 5th/3rd tp dump, but only at the small branches that never really have much to offer me.

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
conleytheking said:
I buy boxes when i can get them, but I have never had alot of luck with them..
I have more than likely only had like 10-15 boxes (sealed boxes)...most of them were not skunks...but only1-4 silver per box.
Not too bad. A lot of people on here seem to get really lucky with boxes, but they are also doing 5-15 boxes at a time.
I'd say it is just about being persistent.
As far as dumping goes...I use my personal bank as a dump bank...its a CU with 2 branches, both have coin counters..
I also use 5th/3rd tp dump, but only at the small branches that never really have much to offer me.

My personal bank has a counter but only 1 branch here in town. They have 2 branches in the town north of me which I will be making use of from time to time. I need to figure out all the banks nearby and get accounts at the ones with the most branches around me so I have more dump sites during my drives. Sadly, I dont have the luxury of the big city banks, where you have 30 branches in a small area. One bank here may have 3 branches and that is it. It might require me to get 15 different accounts opened up which could get expensive.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Hello watch your new account as many charge monthly fees or charge for paper statements.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread