Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PXL_20211106_190632736.jpg

Large cent and indian found right next to each other, approximately where the mantle of the house would have been.
PXL_20211106_213328610.PORTRAIT_2.jpg
PXL_20211106_213405234.jpg

I visited my local (and closest) park yesterday. This place has been pounded but I was resolved to work through some of the nail beds from an old house on the site using my NEL snake coil on the ATpro. There was a smithy right next to this house and the ground is absolutely loaded with iron and hot rocks to the point that with iron audio off the ATpro barely makes a noise, especially with a larger coil. The times I've taken it slow and dug every scratchy signal have yielded some great finds though. I scraped off the surface near where the (I think) there was a mantle on the chimney and the first find was a cool brass offset key. A little bit later I popped out the indian head (1903 i think) then I did a circle and hit the spot from a different angle and got a screaming signal, I carefully scraped the surface and uncovered a 1851 LC! I didn't even believe it otherwise I would have gotten an in situ pic. These three things are really the only good finds other than some neat wrought iron from the smithy. Scratch one off my bucket list! Thanks for looking and happy hunting..

Upvote 20

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1989456
Large cent and indian found right next to each other, approximately where the mantle of the house would have been.
View attachment 1989455 View attachment 1989457

I visited my local (and closest) park yesterday. This place has been pounded but I was resolved to work through some of the nail beds from an old house on the site using my NEL snake coil on the ATpro. There was a smithy right next to this house and the ground is absolutely loaded with iron and hot rocks to the point that with iron audio off the ATpro barely makes a noise, especially with a larger coil. The times I've taken it slow and dug every scratchy signal have yielded some great finds though. I scraped off the surface near where the (I think) there was a mantle on the chimney and the first find was a cool brass offset key. A little bit later I popped out the indian head (1903 i think) then I did a circle and hit the spot from a different angle and got a screaming signal, I carefully scraped the surface and uncovered a 1851 LC! I didn't even believe it otherwise I would have gotten an in situ pic. These three things are really the only good finds other than some neat wrought iron from the smithy. Scratch one off my bucket list! Thanks for looking and happy hunting..
Cool Finds !!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread