Local school hunt...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,,,
It hit the high 40's around here today so I was off to a local park. As I was driving by one of the schools along the way I noticed they were tearing out a parking lot ;D I like it when that happens... I stopped there, as all the workers were gone, and hunted for about (2) hours. The first hole I dug was a "58/d wheatie" and then I dug about (50) trash targets along with a bit of clad as I was looking for the gold. No gold, no silver, but I did happen upon a 1910 "V" nickel at about 5" down. While retrieving it I noticed the dirt had changed colors from what it was in my last hole. It looked a lot older so I hit that area pretty hard and found "1939 wheatie", and some type of small, pink topped, rouge? tin inscribed "Lady Easther", before moving on. Only other mentionables for the hunt was an ID bracelet, inscribe "Adam" that opens exposing a small compartment, and $1.20 in clad... The bracelet still has the claps and is in pretty good condition.
11_29_08.jpg

The site seems to have some potential so I'll definitely be going back soon...
Hope you all are well, & Have a great day, Leon...

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still looking for my first V Leon....Keep em' coming.Congrat's :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat bracelet, Leon! Congrats on all those finds and hope you can get back there before they covered it back up. :icon_pirat:

Nana :wink:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kimsdad said:
Nice finds, Leon!! Especially the V-nickel! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good eye for the changing dirt! :wink:

Ditto :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks guys,,,
It looks like the weather has taken a turn (it's cold again... :'( ), so I'll be playing the waiting game to get back out to the site.
Got a lot of stuff to do around the house with the holidays and all, but I may brave the cold if it get to monotonous. ;D
Have a great day all, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread