OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great year in my book. Congratulations

Thanks streakert, it will be hard top, but the journey forward will bring more keepers, I'm certain of that. The next plug may just be "THE PLUG" if ya know what I mean.

WOW! It sure adds up to an impressive arrangement of finds, some great looking silvers laying there and once again congrats on the Banner IH. All the Best for 2016 digging season and your positive contribution to the forum.:occasion14:

Thanks pepperj, The goal was 50 and I was sweating it out there for a while, but finally ran a little streak that included that Peace Dollar. I have my mind set on digging my 1st walker and SLQ this year.

Fantastic year Loco!
Dig on!

Thanks ironhorse, I loved the Copper Trail adventure.

I know I read a lot of posts from you LD, but I don't remember the Peace dollar. Senility must be setting in. That's a great year and I hope 2016 is just as good.

Thanks OD, Heck, we all miss a post or two, when we are busy living. I appreciate all the support you have provided during my time here on Tnet, Cheers :occasion14:

You had a great year! I hope this one Trumps the last one! Good luck.

I'm with you GaRebel1861, Here's to the great finds that await us this new year. :occasion14:

Nice year end wrap up, you did great...gotta ask what that eagle head relic is in pic number 5. I am liking it for whatever it is...cane tip?

Thanks villagenut, it is made of lead and was nailed to something, most likely not from a cane. The house on ther proerty was built in 1850.

Here's a better pic.

20150910_173608.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shame on you for thinking 1 pitcher would be enough for us....

Can't wait to see what you pull next season.... And remember, if you make your way to Ft. Myers, pack a sweater!:laughing7:

Thanks BWD, please keep us informed on how Quest performs.

LD,

Good score you had a great year.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thanks Bill

That's a heck of a year LD. Just think of the buckets of trash ( If your like me ) that you removed from good ground to get there. Look forward to the year to come.

HH, Relic Nut

Thanks Relic Nut, I have dug my share of 5 gal buckets full of scrap/trash this season. Had to dig all that up if I wanted to get some clean deep signals using the 12" x 15" butterfly coil when hunting older permissions and other producing sites.

buddy you had a fantastic year!!!
hope 2016 is just as good for you!!

Thanks Cletus, you have been digging your share of keepers since you began posting here on Tnet.

Damn LOCO!!!!! That's one HELLAVA year!!!!!!!!!! Congratz&HH....

Thanks fishstick, I must admit, it was a fun ride. Now I get to try my hand at creating displays for all the stuff I dug and kept. I have numerous frames for some theme based items, printer drawer shelves for others and I want to try my hand at another display idea.

That's a fantastic year! The peace dollar is a great find, but the 1812 5F really blows my hair back. Congrats on the key date IH, and all your other cool finds. Good luck in 2016, I hope you manage to dig your Walker and SLQ this coming year.

Thanks JC, That peace Dollar didn't look so good when I dug it. It had been in a fire. I used the boiling water, foil and backing soda method to clean her up. The 1812 came from an old Brick House in town. The day I dug it the ground was soaked and it was raining during the entire hunt. The coin was 10 inches down and may have some value. Right now, it's priceless to me. Thanks for reminding me of what I have yet to dig. :tongue3: I am confident they will get checked off the list this season.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a good year to me Loco!!
Heres to an even better 2016 :occasion14:

Thanks PaDirtDigger, bottoms up :occasion14:

Wow somebody dug a lot of holes this year. I have still yet to find a silver dollar you dog :D that would be a banner year for me. You have more silver there then I have ever dug in total. I need to get out more often.

Thanks relic lover, I have had some runs of good luck this season. Site selection can increase your luck, and I like to better my odds. I more than doubled my silvers count from 2014. I attribute this to detecting way more permissions (mainly century homes or older.

Fantastic year LD,
Thats a year to be proud of!!
You have put alot of time and effort in to hunting and this forum. .
Here's to 2016!!

Thanks George, I'm just trying to keep up with both you and Steve, when it comes to digging old coins. It will be a while before I become as proficient as ya'll are. You certainly raised the bar by digging that $5 gold piece and Steve by digging one of the 1st commemorative coins ever minted in the U.S.

I also hope we both find the right balance of living and detecting.

Heck of a year for ya!, I see all kinds of goods here, silver coins, indians, thimbles, large cents, skeleton keys etc!, hope ya keep the same going in 2016!

Thanks cjon, It looks like we have the same style of hunting if you compared both of our best of 2015 posts. You are way better on the mid tone target than me though. Do you hunt all metal or do you use some disc?

Hello Loco-Digger,

Congratualtions on the very very productive 2015 hunting season. You have a fine collection of silver and a lot of cool relics! :occasion14:

I hope 2016 is a great year for you!

Regards,

Doc

Thanks Doc, I am anxious to see some of the beauties you're gonna dig this season. :occasion14:

Awsomeness! I prefer the fields over the parks. Research and permission pays off, congrats. Keep Swinging! !

Thanks muddpuppy, I suffer from A D D I believe and need a target rich environment to maintain my concentration. I have hunted a few times in fields, it is a good change of pace, but my passion lies in older permission properties. If I get to a site and hunt for 20 to 30 minutes and am not hearing anything, I move on. I will eventually cycle through some sites in time and will get back to try other areas and maybe swing my coil in a different direction and also go in All Metal mode digging deep iron and trash signals.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is "EPIC" 1877 Injun :notworthy: ... You are the man Loco, a true inspiration to the science

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well played my brother! That's a really nice haul of treasure. I am certain that 2016 will be even better. Best of luck.

Psst: That peace dollar and the '77 IHC makes me really jealous, don't tell anyone...

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey buddy it's been fun seeing all of your success this past season. That 77 is just awesome. You're a great member of this site.

Thanks Ahab, even a blind dog will find a bone on occasion, I was lucky the day I dug that coin. Cheers :occasion14:

Really awesome year L-D !!! Silver looks great, nice big silver you found. Your Indian finds are great also, some of those look to be in great shape. Thanks for photos and year wrap up, you have so many great finds to be proud of. HappyNew Year and HH

Thanks Digging Dude, I had enough keepers this season so as to not have to include my clad haul in the pics to make a good post. :occasion14:

Congrats on a great year Loco, looking forward to seeing your finds in 2016.

Thanks Q, I appreciate all the posts you add to my threads and I am eager to see your finds in 2016. Cheers :occasion14:

Those pictures are just amazing! Love reading your posts and seeing the pictures of what you have found. The weather looks good for this weekend so get ready to get out again as soon as this cold front passes. Congratulations on a fantastic year.

Thanks Pinball, I have not checked recently, but some of the places I hunted last weekend, the ground was already froze down 2 inches deep. I may be in the woods this weekend at some old home sites if the ground is still frozen. :occasion14:

That's a beautiful presentation and summary of a successful year. I always love the history of what we find, and dating your keeps as you do brings that feeling home. Toast! :occasion14:

Thanks Alchemist, sometimes you just need to put in the good stuff. I agree with you concerning the story or history behind the items we dig. It is part of the hobby that I also enjoy. Who has time to read fiction, I need to know the story behind the relic I just dug. :occasion14:

That's a great season Loco. Scary what a determined man can do in Ohio. Please don't ever come east to hunt lol. May you find many more my friend in 2016 and hopefully we'll meet this year sometime.

Steve

Thanks Steve, you should in no way fear the loco, my skills pale in comparison to yours. I do look forward to sharing a hunt or two with you in the future. Keep amazing me with your finds. You are one of those guys who could trip on a pile of dog crap and walk away with a diamond ring. Cheers :occasion14:

Nice finds!! Looks like the silver washingtons like you! I wish I had got more of them. And the 5 Franc coin is awesome.

Thanks JZL1, it seemed like it took forever to dig my 1st silver Washington, but once I did they came more regularly. I am hopping to dig more silver quarters this season, just hoping they are older than the Washington series. I do love that 5 Francs, my oldest coin so far. maybe I will break into the 1700's club withing the next 2 years. hard to do here in Ohio, not impossible, but not likely. :occasion14:

Very impressive I'd say, great job!!

Thanks Dan :occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice lot there and I thought I found good stuff!
Kyle-

Thanks Mifarmer, I want to see you post more often so we know what goodies you are digging up north. :occasion14:

Beast Mode! I am hypnotized by the superior supply of shiny silver discs....ooooo....so many....congrats on a great year! Sub8-)

Thanks Sub, I feel I had a good year for a coinshooter, but in no way had a great jewelry year like you. I need to up my mid tone digging discipline. Cheers :occasion14:

Congrats on a great year and the banner IH! Can't make it for the beer, but I'll raise one for ya:thumbsup::occasion14:

thanks for the compliment and the toast digger460, cheers :occasion14:

Outstanding year!! Hope '16 is even better to you

Thanks richardson, you sure do seem to pull your share of treasure!! :occasion14:

Outstanding Loco thats a lot of silver:icon_thumright: best of luck for 2016..:occasion14:

Thanks PP Good luck to you also, I am jsut trying to keep up with you and your finds. Cheers :occasion14:

You gone Loco ese on the silver! and finding that 77...outstanding!!! Did you dig many relics during 2015?

Patriot I place you up there with George and Steve. I wish I dug the good things like you guys. I have some cool relics, a cigar box would hold my old relics, otherwise most of mine are from the 20th century. Heck the town where I live was not founded until 1818. I feel lucky to have pulled the 1812 5 Francs. The only reason it was not dug up when the site was detected back in the 70's is it was 10" deep. Cheers :occasion14:

Outstanding year Loco !
Gary

Thanks G.A.P. coming from an old timer/professional like you, the congrats carries a lot weight to me. Cheers :occasion14:

Wow Loco - great finds. You had a really great year with many great finds! Good luck in 2016 :)

Thanks masterjedi, May the force we with us in 2016. I sure would like to see you post more of your finds, unless of course they are so great as to be better left in the unknown. Cheers :occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratz on an awesome year Loco! I have no idea when or why I would ever end up in Ohio. But, if I ever do, or you ever make it to Mississippi, I'll gladly take you up on having a drink!

Thanks CC just as I have no business in mississi-potty-potty-i. Thanks for all your encouragement here on Tnet. Cheers :occasion14:

Incredible BANNER year Loco :thumbsup: I'm always amazed at the amount of silver you all find. Nice job man and looking forward to seeing your 2016 finds.

Brad

Thanks Brad, you are another one of those that I look up to when it comes to metal detecting. Your displays are simply out of this world. maybe someday I will become more of a relic guy who digs the occasional coin, but for now I am still a coin shooter who enjoys digging the occasional relic. Cheers :occasion14:

What a year you had . Congratulations on the amazing finds and good luck in 2016

Thanks 46W I am just trying to keep up with you. i love seeing your finds and am glad to see you post on mine GL & HH in 2016 Cheers :occasion14:

You killed it, Great year Loco! :occasion14:

Thanks Showtime, you sure dug your fair share of finds this season and even won a garrett carrot to boot. Me on the other hand had to beg Santa to bring me one. Cheers :occasion14:

Great Finds!!

Thanks RCH, You certainly dug up a few of my bucket listers this past season. I hope someday to hunt with you in the great state of OHIO. Cheers :occasion14:

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is "EPIC" 1877 Injun :notworthy: ... You are the man Loco, a true inspiration to the science

Thanks Tamrock, i enjoy your pictures, but would like to see some of your detecting finds. GL & HH in 2016 cheers :occasion14:

Very well played my brother! That's a really nice haul of treasure. I am certain that 2016 will be even better. Best of luck.

Psst: That peace dollar and the '77 IHC makes me really jealous, don't tell anyone...

Thanks Tom, I hope your work has eased up a little, maybe we will can hunt together sometime this year. My inlaws live in Galax VA, you'd only be a couple hours away. Maybe we could meet somewhere in the middle and dig some treasure. Thanks for all your kind words over the years. Cheers :occasion14:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tamrock, i enjoy your pictures, but would like to see some of your detecting finds. GL & HH in 2016 cheers :occasion14:

Thanks Tom, I hope your work has eased up a little, maybe we will can hunt together sometime this year. My inlaws live in Galax VA, you'd only be a couple hours away. Maybe we could meet somewhere in the middle and dig some treasure. Thanks for all your kind words over the years. Cheers :occasion14:
I'm not in a good detecting region like the midwest & eastern half of the country. I've tried a little detecting in some of these old ghost towns and ended up pretty much discouraged. I comb through the antique shops, flea markets, thrift shops & yard sales as I travel for work and have found some worthwhile treasure doing that. I do get to stop at places here and there to look for stone artifact also. If the Rockies produced more detectable size gold nuggets like in California I would diffidently invest in a rig for doing that.

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Kev, how did i miss this awesome post from you :BangHead:
Wish you a lucky 2016 and more coins from Europe :occasion14:

NeoHunter

Feb 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not on here as much as I'd like to be, but I was browsing your finds today, and saw that spirit of 76 keychain fob!

I've seen two of these. I have one that my grandfather gave me. It has like an S clip for your keys, which actually ended up breaking on me, so that may have contributed to the reason why you found yours. The other one I saw was hanging at a convenience store counter and not for sale, it had the cash register keys on it. The interesting thing is my keychain and the stores keychain have different backs. The stamping on the backs were different on both that I've seen. I would be interested to see the back of yours.

All of your finds are pretty darn amazing. I wish I could be as lucky in my searches, but I do live in the Pacific Northwest. Mostly beer tabs LOL!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how I missed this either! Oh yeah...these forums are so big I don't have time to cover 25% of it!!! :BangHead:

Pretty rad stuff man....made it my screensaver in the hopes your ju-ju will rub off on the Land Ranger Pro ya sold me.

Some of those silvers came from the LRP right? Riiiiiiight? 8-)

DSC00067.JPG

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only hunted 3 sites with the LRP (4 hunts total) and yes it pulled a silver form the site where I dug the 1877 IHP. I pulled a merc from an area i had not hunted before (the pea gravel driveway). I look forward to seeing some silvers form your digs real soon.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a fantastic year; especially where silver is concerned.
I really love the coin ring. I recently met a guy who actually makes those; mostly from modern clad coins. I think they're exceptionally cool.

Congrats on a killer year. I hope 2016 is even better......

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome year!! I'd take a year like that any time and a "Banner find", Sweet!!
Congrats and hope this year treats you just as good!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread