Lone dime

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went shopping for tea at a local HEB where the CS is empty every time I previously checked. Got my first luck of '22, first and best for now at this particular Coinstar.

IMG_2505.jpg
IMG_2507.jpg

I've always thought I'd get a better chance at finding foreign than rejected clad or silver. But you'd never know what could end up in the tray :)

Thanks for looking and keep Hunting! :occasion14:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think they hear the dimes hit the tray as they are so light. Nice catch on the silver. All my silvers out of CS have been dimes.

Detecting Fool

Jan 9, 2005
Stillwater, NY - Home of the Battle of Saratoga
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore starting June 2023
Minelab Equinox 800
Prior to 2020 - Whites VX3, XLT, Spectrum XLT, 6000di and 1DB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its amazing that every once in a while, you can still find a silver coin in circulation or at a coin star even though they stopped minting silver coins (for the part) 58 years ago. Its also amazing that people that use the coin stars dont check their rejects to see what exactly is rejecting and just leave them there. Congrats.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went shopping for tea at a local HEB where the CS is empty every time I previously checked. Got my first luck of '22, first and best for now at this particular Coinstar.

View attachment 2019616 View attachment 2019617

I've always thought I'd get a better chance at finding foreign than rejected clad or silver. But you'd never know what could end up in the tray :)

Love the look of silver... congratulations 👍

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

nice rosie!

OP
OP
HuntH2002

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its amazing that every once in a while, you can still find a silver coin in circulation or at a coin star even though they stopped minting silver coins (for the part) 58 years ago. Its also amazing that people that use the coin stars dont check their rejects to see what exactly is rejecting and just leave them there. Congrats.
I concur, I've also thought the reason is non collectors mistake silver coins for face value, spend it into circulation and is taken out again by other collectors and the process repeats...... Good thing they do that for us lol. Thx:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread