Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this last night in the freshly stirred dirt of an ongoing street reconstruction. It was a mail-way premium from Silver Cup Bread. Dates from around the 1940?s I think.

E1BCAEC8-BE7B-4253-B5F0-F9BC6FABC0E2.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

*opps! That’s “Lone Ranger Safety Scout”

Upvote 22

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is really cool! I would love to find something like that!!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think these promotional items have huge nostalgic appeal as little pieces of social history. The Lone ranger first appeared in a 1933 in a radio show on WXYZ (Detroit) which was sponsored by Silvercup bread through to the 1940s. The radio series spawned comic books and then the TV show from 1949-1957.

Silvercup ran lots of promotions for kids, offering things like postcards and club badges. Yours looks to be the basic member’s badge, first issued in 1934, and it would originally have had a smart blue enamel finish.

Lone Ranger.jpg

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear! From out of the past come the thundering hoofbeats of the great horse Silver! The Lone Ranger rides again!"
Great memories associated with those words as heard on radio at the beginning of many of the LR shows.

Don......

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear! From out of the past come the thundering hoofbeats of the great horse Silver! The Lone Ranger rides again!"
Great memories associated with those words as heard on radio at the beginning of many of the LR shows.

Don......

Saturday mornings,Lone Ranger and Captain Kangaroo!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6:30PM show with Cheerios as the sponsor--in the 50's.
Don....

But the badge says "Silvercup". They were the earlier sponsors. Below is the cover from their secret club rules dating from 1935 (although the badge was first produced in 1934), which say "Sponsored by the makers of Silvercup, the world's finest bread". The Silvercup brand was owned by the Gordon Baking Company.

Session Rules.jpg Sponsor.jpg

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
such a cool find, and in great shape. way to go

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread