dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this year made me realize that not being in the sups. is as hard as actually being in there.. the anticipation, the need to be on a trail somewhere is killing me.. and this next month is the worst.. ready to give it all up and become a hermit out there.. lol..

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i guess its time to start preparing for my next trip.. i have acquired so much backpacking gear over the last few years, i could open a hiking store.. lol. i have 3 separate packs, complete with all the gear.. oh well. .. in the last few months i bought another backpack, tent, boots, water filter, and more.. lol. however i have it all down to a t.. the absolute lightest gear available.. i use military m.r.e. for my food.. it is my heaviest object besides water.. i can comfortably make up to 14 days on 1 pack load. if i can find water some where... on average i carry from 40 to 70 pounds.. thank goodness for the down hill sections.. lol. cant wait to get back down.. a couple more weeks and i am free!!!!!

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i guess its time to start preparing for my next trip.. i have acquired so much backpacking gear over the last few years, i could open a hiking store.. lol. i have 3 separate packs, complete with all the gear.. oh well. .. in the last few months i bought another backpack, tent, boots, water filter, and more.. lol. however i have it all down to a t.. the absolute lightest gear available.. i use military m.r.e. for my food.. it is my heaviest object besides water.. i can comfortably make up to 14 days on 1 pack load. if i can find water some where... on average i carry from 40 to 70 pounds.. thank goodness for the down hill sections.. lol. cant wait to get back down.. a couple more weeks and i am free!!!!!
I’m thinking the same thing, the time is right.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy dredgernaut,
I just got back from Plymouth, you sure have nice country out there compared to my neck of the woods.
I come back to find that you can pack for two, for a whole week stay out there in the Superstitions. Just imagine getting paid for hiking out there, instead of tending to a gear store.
:dontknow:
Homar

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang.. plymouth is only a couple hours away.. i would have driven over to meet ya..
sounds like a dream to get paid to hike.. i am willing and able.. now i just need customers.. lol

ps. most of the people i asked to come with me, said NO, and i was offering them an all expense paid trip.. they would not even come if i paid them.. funny the differences in what people enjoy doing.. they would rather stay home and watch shows about it.. or see pictures after the trip.. i just wanted the company and extra sets of eyes. to much to see out there.. i have 2 friends that have both come twice each.. but the scheduling is the hard part.. i have top of the line gear for 2 more people and 2 satellite phones.. but not many people want to go... and to go with someone you dont know is a bad idea.. what if you dont get along.. or have a difference while in the middle of no where.. i have only gone by myself once.. i did not like that much either.. i could not get along with myself.. lol

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't be alone, enjoy your trip, and peace of mind.
If you really wanted company, you could have made a map. It would need to be with both English, and Spanish, just claim it was made by Whysir, an imaginary friend of a German Dutchman. Clip a distorted Google Earth image showing where it leads, and you could have team of experts along with a film crew to record your trip.:laughing7:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
You won't be alone, enjoy your trip, and peace of mind.
If you really wanted company, you could have made a map. It would need to be with both English, and Spanish, just claim it was made by Whysir, an imaginary friend of a German Dutchman. Clip a distorted Google Earth image showing where it leads, and you could have team of experts along with a film crew to record your trip.:laughing7:
Not to worry Homar, I’ve found that all the critters in there seem to know if a person is traveling by themselves..... and are kind enough to make strange noises late at night... just to be nice :laughing7:

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
if you talk to yourself out loud animals and people will think your crazy and stay away... weird, but it works.. lmao..:laughing7:
Lots of memories of just such times.
It’s the ones that feel like near doom, that are funnest to remember and talk about. :laughing7::laughing7:
:occasion14:

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of memories of just such times.
It’s the ones that feel like near doom, that are funnest to remember and talk about. :laughing7::laughing7:
:occasion14:
like the time I thought there was a bear too close for comfort. So I start making tons of noise in my tent. however the noise outside does not stop.. I figured I was better off standing for the fight.. I fly out of my tent, gun in hand , heart racing , in my underwear shouting into the darkness.. dang near had a coronary right there.. never saw anything.. lol.. but at least they knew i meant business.. lmao.. little difficult to rest after that...

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
like the time I thought there was a bear too close for comfort. So I start making tons of noise in my tent. however the noise outside does not stop.. I figured I was better off standing for the fight.. I fly out of my tent, gun in hand , heart racing , in my underwear shouting into the darkness.. dang near had a coronary right there.. never saw anything.. lol.. but at least they knew i meant business.. lmao.. little difficult to rest after that...
Now that I’ve practically seen that great description...:laughing7:
It might make a good avatar :notworthy:

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would have to say i am not very eager to go alone again.. anyone here interested in a trip into the mountains.. i would hope to be in there for at least a week.. i have extra top of the line gear and a satellite phone for a daily check in with your home... i know where there is reliable water with an extra hike.. if interested pm me and we can see if we get along over the next week or so.. and we can meet in person when i get to town. if all is good lets go hunt..
i am a smoker so do not expect a fast pace. just a steady pace.. thanks jeremy.:hello:

Last edited:

Bassfish

Jul 12, 2006
i would have to say i am not very eager to go alone again.. anyone here interested in a trip into the mountains.. i would hope to be in there for at least a week.. i have extra top of the line gear and a satellite phone for a daily check in with your home... i know where there is reliable water with an extra hike.. if interested pm me and we can see if we get along over the next week or so.. and we can meet in person when i get to town. if all is good lets go hunt..
i am a smoker so do not expect a fast pace. just a steady pace.. thanks jeremy.:hello:
I just came back a week ago, otherwise I would feel this offer out. There's been a heat wave (of sorts) the last few weeks, hopefully things cool down for you. Best of luck to you!

OP
OP
dredgernaut

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks bf.. hope you had a good trip also.. do you have any pics. you would share.. if not i understand..

Bassfish

Jul 12, 2006
I really didn't take many photos while I was there. I spent some time on the Peralta trail up to Freemont. Other days I went to First Water and hiked along the Dutchman Trail, Black Mesa and a few others. I wasn't expecting the heat wave and it really dampened some of my ambitions.

I did spend some time in Payson and Superior as well. Went and collected some Apache Tears at the latter location.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread