Long Walk In The River. LOTS Of Keepers.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got in the water for 5 hours on Saturday. Had to get in before we received 2 months of rain in 24 hours. Haven't looked at the water yet but I'm sure it's very high now.

This would have been my best day for Hutchinson bottles had 5 of them not been broken. I kept 3 and left the rest. My buddy also had 3 Hutches Saturday. So 11 Hutches were found in total plus one Blob Soda I found. It's got a few chips but it is rare so I kept it.

Here is a pic of my finds. None have been cleaned yet as I don't have the time at the moment so bare with the mess please 😄

20220912_170759.jpg

From left to right the bottles are as follows:

•Cleveland Container pat'd 1910
•Little Bo-Peep Amonia
•John Graff Hutch
•George Ritter Hutch
•Sanitary Soda Water Co.
•George Ritter Hutch
•Joseph Ramstack Blob Soda
•Lydia E. Pinkhams Medicine
•Gridley Dairy
•Pabst Beer

Over all it was a great day. We walked a mile up stream and then back. I was beat and just the walk back was 45 minutes in the water. May be a while before I can get back in. Hopefully I'll get some detecting time in soon.

P.S. I hope to get my cobalt Blob Soda back from being tumbled soon. Look out for a future updated post on that one.

Thanks for looking. Good luck and happy hunting everyone.

Upvote 37

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got in the water for 5 hours on Saturday. Had to get in before we received 2 months of rain in 24 hours. Haven't looked at the water yet but I'm sure it's very high now.

This would have been my best day for Hutchinson bottles had 5 of them not been broken. I kept 3 and left the rest. My buddy also had 3 Hutches Saturday. So 11 Hutches were found in total plus one Blob Soda I found. It's got a few chips but it is rare so I kept it.

Here is a pic of my finds. None have been cleaned yet as I don't have the time at the moment so bare with the mess please 😄

View attachment 2046181

•Little Bo-Peep Amonia
•John Graff Hutch
•George Ritter Hutch
•Sanitary Soda Water Co.
•George Ritter Hutch
•Gridley Dairy
•Pabst Beer

Over all it was a great day. We walked a mile up stream and then back. I was beat and just the walk back was 45 minutes in the water. May be a while before I can get back in. Hopefully I'll get some detecting time in soon.

P.S. I hope to get my cobalt Blob Soda back from being tumbled soon. Look out for a future updated post on that one.

You cleaned up on bottles. Congratulations!

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! The day turned out way better than we had expected. Best water hunt in over a year. Man my bag was heavy. We hit a hot spot for sure. We were battling with patchy clouds so I know we missed some. Easly over 100 comon newer bottles that we picked up too. Probably be a while before we get back out.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing Hutchinson haul! I especially like the base design patterns on them, I've only ever found one with a similar style base pattern in my neck of the woods.
Thanks UnderMiner. Can't tell you how disappointing it was to pull so many broken ones, but im glad there were so many there. May be a while before we have a walk like this agin. The octagonal bases are cool indeed. We find a lot of them. Must have been a common practice where I live. Seems like about half are that way.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2046181

•Little Bo-Peep Amonia
•John Graff Hutch
•George Ritter Hutch
•Sanitary Soda Water Co.
•George Ritter Hutch
•Gridley Dairy
•Pabst Beer

Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sandchip. Good point on the heavy water flow exposing new finds. Definitely want to spend some time scratching around the sand where the majority of the goodies came from.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sandchip. Good point on the heavy water flow exposing new finds. Definitely want to spend some time scratching around the sand where the majority of the goodies came from.
Yessir, don't dare give up on that creek. I've looked the same creek for over 40 years, and no, it doesn't produce like it did at first, but I still find an occasional goodie. You'll be surprised at what continues to hide in that sand that heavy rains and swollen waters will expose from time to time. All these were found on different hunts after 30 years of looking the same stretch, easily less than a mile. I'll keep going back until I'm not physically able. Hope springs eternal!

Attachments

• 03Obarber obv.jpg
    03Obarber obv.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 26
  • arnold.jpg
    arnold.jpg
    995.2 KB · Views: 24
  • black ale.jpg
    black ale.jpg
    719.8 KB · Views: 22
  • blade.jpg
    blade.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 25
  • eldridge.jpg
    eldridge.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 18
  • flask.jpg
    flask.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 23
  • jug.jpg
    jug.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 21
  • pickwick.jpg
    pickwick.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 21

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your bottle recovery trip produced well, congrats. Is it a dump site or spread over a good distance?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yessir, don't dare give up on that creek. I've looked the same creek for over 40 years, and no, it doesn't produce like it did at first, but I still find an occasional goodie. You'll be surprised at what continues to hide in that sand that heavy rains and swollen waters will expose from time to time. All these were found on different hunts after 30 years of looking the same stretch, easily less than a mile. I'll keep going back until I'm not physically able. Hope springs eternal!
Now there you have some real eye catching recoveries. I keep looking at the artifacts, but that jug glazing is top shelf impressive.

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow now that's impressive sandchip. I applaud your perseverance on not giving up on your spot. With finds like that I'd do the same. When I was in high school we had a class where we biked 80 miles to the beginning of the Milwaukee River. Then over 2 weeks we canoed the entire 104 miles of the river. It was one of the best trips of my life. Now after all those years and getting into searching for treasures, I find it funny that everything I find now I have been within a few feet from in my past.
Your bottle recovery trip produced well, congrats. Is it a dump site or spread over a good distance?
Thanks pepperj. I don't believe it was a dump site. Most of the oldies were found along a outer bend in the river above what seemed like a very old natural (or native made) dam. It was agreat catch all with sand and some rocks here and there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread