Looking for a cave in or near Jay, Oklahoma

PL999

Feb 28, 2022
Hello! I am new to this group. I joined for a very particular reason.
My father used to explore caves in his younger years in or near Jay, Oklahoma. Well, he passed away in July of 2020, and he had told our family that he would like to have his ashes spread in or around Jay, Oklahoma, where he used to spellunk. So, I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me any information at all on any areas that we could explore in order to find a sacred spot to fill his request. He used talk of a cave he explored that had a creek or river in it, that he actually swam underwater in, in order to exit the cave. I know that this particular place and some other areas may be on private party, but if so, would there be any phone numbers that you could give me to call to see if we could get permission to see the area/cave?? Also, I did see an article in TreasureNet publication that mentioned Twin Caves 15 miles west of Jay.... would that be a place that we could get to, in order to look at it and consider for our small family ceremony?
Thank you so very much for any help at all that anyone could give me!

Pennie 918-625-2444, [email protected]

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard and sorry to hear about your loss. I would suggest you post this request on Forum: Oklahoma for additional exposure.

OP
OP
P

PL999

Feb 28, 2022
I don't know if it's the same cave but I Googled caves Jay OK and found reference to a cave near Grove at lake Eucha. It's entrance is normally under water.
Thank you! I actually have been to this area, and it is indeed underwater, so not sure if was anywhere my Dad might have been or not. And the area was kind of littered with glass and graffiti.... so I thought that I should look for another spot. But again, thank you so much!!

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
2x Whites 5000d series 2, sears 5000d clone, 3x 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! I actually have been to this area, and it is indeed underwater, so not sure if was anywhere my Dad might have been or not. And the area was kind of littered with glass and graffiti.... so I thought that I should look for another spot. But again, thank you so much!!
My pleasure I also found one called twin caves in the area but no mention of water. Best of luck to you.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck in your search for a cave for the proper ceremony for your father. My deep condolences. Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if it's the same cave but I Googled caves Jay OK and found reference to a cave near Grove at lake Eucha. It's entrance is normally under water.

Like Like Quote Reply

Brings back memories of a cave story told by a Cherokee Indian. Years ago, a treasure magazine published it. Don't remember location or state this event took place. The entrance to the cave was underwater. You had to swim until reaching a spot where it is possible to enter the upper cave area, once an opening let people go inside. The other cave entrance the Cherokee tribe sealed off when forced to relocate. The Cherokee person telling this story, said if anyone found and opened the upper cave entrance, tons of rock will drop on them. A death trap was fixed on the other entrance.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried searching and it seems the Cherokee did have caves in Oklahoma. But since this story told by a Cherokee person, mentions gold nuggets I tend to think it must have happened at time the tribe went on THE TRAIL OF TEARS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread