Minelab SE with Sunray X1 Probe and Whites XLT E Series

Attachments

• DSC01149.JPG
    DSC01149.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,065

downindixie

Oct 10, 2004
Oxford,Alabama
James,enjoyed your email and maybe when things cool down we can go back to the fort.Stop by the house sometime and we can talk.Maybe you could show off some of your finds.This is a good forum and plenty of good people here.

jamesinalabama

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2008
Bridge End Farm said:
James where you been I have enjoyed reading and seeing your finds there

Been working all the time at my job. Finally got some freed up time to do so detecting. Been a while since I last posted, but will post more finds as I come across some more silver.

Thanks!

James in Alabama

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
jamesinalabama said:
Bridge End Farm said:
James where you been I have enjoyed reading and seeing your finds there

Been working all the time at my job. Finally got some freed up time to do so detecting. Been a while since I last posted, but will post more finds as I come across some more silver.

Thanks!

James in Alabama

wb to tn

OP
OP
James in Alabama

James in Alabama

Jun 27, 2007
Lincoln, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE with Sunray X1 Probe and Whites XLT E Series
vthepresident said:
Birmingham here. I'm up for a drive though.

Hey vthepresident,

I live in Talladega County but would be great to meet you someplace in Birmingham. I know of some good areas to hunt around my area but only a few locations in Jefferson County. Let me know.

James

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey James, I'm in Cullman. Brian at Southern Treasures will have an actual store soon and I will be making the trip so maybe we can get together then.

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could I trouble you guys for some hunting suggestions near Birmingham? I am still too new at this to drive far but would love advice, if its not too much to ask.

warriorriver

Feb 16, 2014
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Safari, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI new to this, looking for someone to hunt with, from cullman.... hunted the old hotel site in blount springs today a lot of ground to cover.. no coins but some cool relics
[email protected]

ma@kitty

Feb 17, 2015
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i live in goodwater alabama, working on getting detector very soon , i live on 250 acres and never had a chance to detect found many many arrowhead. to be honest i truly need a mentor n this areas. if can or interested please pm.

ma@kitty

Feb 17, 2015
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
James im in coosa county just down the road on 250 acres, hoping praying i can work out a ace 250 not much i understand but a mentor would be geat. i live on chandler mountain old indian camp property being logged and its a blank canvas. would be great to hook up, please pm if interested ok.

KZSAND13

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2021
Alabama
Detector(s) used
At max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am interested, just joined looking for someone to go with from time to time.am in blount County

auburndmbfan

Mar 1, 2022
Birmingham
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Hi James (and everyone),
I'm in Birmingham as well and fairly new to the hobby (going on 3 weeks!). I've got a Nokta Makro Simplex+ which I'm obviously still learning to use. I try to get out most every day and wouldn't mind hooking up with someone a bit more experienced to learn some tricks of the trade. I'm not really interested in park detecting although that's where I spent my first week. I'm much more interested in relic hunting. I've done a bit of research in my local area (280 corridor) and have already obtained a couple of permissions on old home/cabin sites (homes have been demolished so they're plenty trashy). I'm constantly looking for new sites though. I have a couple more permission requests in progress but I haven't looked beyond about a 20 mile radius yet.
Also, if anyone has any tips on how to get the Birmingham Water Works Board to respond, I'd appreciate the help. There are some great-looking sites on land they own but I'm just hearing crickets when I reach out.

Thanks all and happy hunting!

auburndmbfan

Mar 1, 2022
Birmingham
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Could I trouble you guys for some hunting suggestions near Birmingham? I am still too new at this to drive far but would love advice, if its not too much to ask.
I'd recommend using historicaerials.com or the USGS historical map explorer to locate places to hunt. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube describing how to use them to narrow down interesting places to hunt (assuming you're not interested in parks and playgrounds). This obviously requires some research and of course, obtaining permission, but you can use tools like regrid.com or any other GIS site to find the property owner and then just go knock on the door or make a phone call.

Otherwise, parks (not national or state parks) and playgrounds are the easy, obvious choices, but keep in mind because they're public, they've surely been hunted. Another good spot if you're after coins/jewelry would be parking lots. You're unlikely to need permission here, particularly if the parking lot is shared with multiple businesses.

A few other potential sites that would also require permission but might be less common:
Boy Scout camps or other private campgrounds (like RV campgrounds)
Fairgrounds or outdoor concert venues (and their parking lots)

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread