Looking for a left handed magnet fishing magnet

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just too complicated. When I ordered my magnet I made sure the eyebolt was screwed into the side. The right hand magnet is on the bottom. Just turn it over and now you have a left handed magnet. It is a proven fact left handed catch better things. Look it up on u-tube. Dude has found gold nuggets big as marbles.

Those must be some special kind of nuggets, the ones I have been around my magnet would not touch. I have to use a metal detector on the gold stuff around these parts:headbang:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, right next to the muffler bearings on aisle 3..
:icon_scratch: Now you got me confused..... I thought aisle three was left handed screwdrivers and cresent wrenches. I'm still trying to find the metric hose clamps.

If you're having problems finding a left handed magnet, just flip it over before you throw it. I'm a lefty & it's the only way I can chuck my right handed rig. OH! MOST IMPORTANT!!! Don't forget to coil your rope left handed or it'll bird nest on you.:laughing7::hello:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best source for metric hose clamps is the part of the dam when they built it that was covered up that had a Volkswagen graveyard on it.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds of a "sky hook", how about a burlap bag and flash light in the dark for a "snipe hunt".

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds of a "sky hook", how about a burlap bag and flash light in the dark for a "snipe hunt".
Or sending the loud mouthed young private all over the base looking for an A.S.H. receiver (ash tray).Or for 59' of flight line, Or a ten gallon bucket of prop wash. Not a 5 gallon bucket a ten gallon bucket!

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will have to secure it with lubber line.

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My neighbor just sold one on Craigslist, it was an Acme semi-ambidextrous, I forget the model #. That type isn't that reliable and takes a lot of getting used to! Stuck it to the hood of my brand new used Vega on the first throw and sucked my glasses off my face. The model # you're looking for starts with LH. Good luck.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As much as the left handed magnets are.. its the left handed cord you attach it to that'll really cost you.
It's worth it though.. if you've ever thrown out a right handed cord with your left hand you know what I mean..

As funny as that is, there is left and right steel cable, it depends on how you wrap them on the drum of the winch.

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
just stand backwards and throw it over your shoulder, works for me

guardez

Apr 19, 2014
SEMO
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 Pro Pack ,Tesoro DeLeon, Outlaw, Compadre,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At the same place you buy glass stretchers, shore line, sky hooks and flutenator valves.

HH Guardez

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
be sure to buy some left hand coiled parachute cord to work with it. You may have to get Home Depot to special order some. Just call their customer service line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread