🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Looking for a specific ID

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to attempt to place a sometimes bad video here. Can't get my editing software to work, but enough should be there for an ID.
Showing my great grandson some old finds and found that I had forgotten this one. Found more than a year ago on a treasure coast shipwreck beach where I have found other artifacts. This is as found. I think just some nice quartz, but someone might be able to be more specific. Could have come from as far away as Asia or Africa I suppose. Likely South or Central America.

OP
OP
S

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Video file too big. Here are some stills that don't come close to showing the brilliance.
Crystal 02.png

20220803_171743.jpg

The geode(?) is about 2 " in diameter . Looks to be about a quarter of it. I'll try to get a usable video.

Upvote 4

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
2x Whites 5000d series 2, sears 5000d clone, 3x 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could live with a tiny sample sacrifice. Jeweler? Rock hound?
There are testing labs that do it. If you Google mineral testing labs you should find what you need. Some colleges can do it also. They can narrow down where it came from by composition and impurities with good accuracy.

Upvote 3
OP
OP
S

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are testing labs that do it. If you Google mineral testing labs you should find what you need. Some colleges can do it also. They can narrow down where it came from by composition and impurities with good accuracy.
Thank you very much. I'll be on that tonight.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread