looking for anyone active on here in Maine.

Bodkin

Oct 9, 2017
Bold Coast & Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Blue Excal 1000, Enox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved up to Washington County 1 1/2 years ago. Philly area before that and Treasure Coast of FL before that. Most of my detecting has been on the east beaches of FL. I'm swinging my old blue Excal 1000 still and am having quite a time of it in the dense woods up here. Waiting to see if the new Equnox coming out will be the ticket for me. Kinda tired of wires and such. I get caught up in the craziest thickets and spend more time just getting untangled. Still learning the area and getting permission to hunt these places. So far I've been overwhelmed with stuff in the ground (that's a good thing). Haven't found anything post worthy. Saw Bob207 has been gold prospecting for a while. That intrigues me. I picked up a pan just to stop at the rivers to see what that's all about. Sounds fun but never did it. Really looking forward to getting out come spring. Still hoping for a few days in between where I can get a shovel through the frost.

DownEast_Detecting

Feb 26, 2020
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow it’s been awhile since anyone posted here. Are you fellow Mainers still out there and active?

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is still a lot of us in the lower part and west, we have a couple of online clubs and we meet monthly and have club hunts, just started my 23rd year, and it's getting harder to find places, just went out last weekend and came out of the woods and saw someone digging on the soccer fields in the town, big no no, holes as big as a dinner plate, they were filled but I scanned them walking to the woods and the metal was reburied, when I first saw the patches, I thought it was new sprinklers, then I saw the guy digging, I was to tired and 1/4 mile away, I usually scream at hunters, but they don't care

AquaTerra207

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2024
Cushing Maine
Just signed up here. Mid Coast Maine, my son and I both have MineLabs Equinox 600 and Vanquish 540. We spend 90% of our treasure hunting along the Saint George River, Thomaston, to Port Clyde and Cushing to Friendship. We've found a variety of coins dating as far back as 1757 and many relics along the way. Looking forward to sharing stories and information.

Bob207

Jul 4, 2014
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just signed up here. Mid Coast Maine, my son and I both have MineLabs Equinox 600 and Vanquish 540. We spend 90% of our treasure hunting along the Saint George River, Thomaston, to Port Clyde and Cushing to Friendship. We've found a variety of coins dating as far back as 1757 and many relics along the way. Looking forward to sharing stories and information.
Welcome to the site. Lots of good info on this site. Spring cant come soon enough and look forward to seeing some of your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread