Faithx

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2020
Taylor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi my name is Chris (Faithx) I just recently purchased a new Equinox 800 and all the gear to go w/it (accessories). I'm very eager to get going, but would love to go w/someone who has a lot more experience. I will happily be the "Padawan". I live in southeast Michigan downriver area. I have no idea where to start or go...Any help would be most appreciated :-)

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Faithx!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi my name is Chris (Faithx) I just recently purchased a new Equinox 800 and all the gear to go w/it (accessories). I'm very eager to get going, but would love to go w/someone who has a lot more experience. I will happily be the "Padawan". I live in southeast Michigan downriver area. I have no idea where to start or go...Any help would be most appreciated :-)

Welcome from Connecticut. Wow, you jumped into this hobby head first! The Nox 800 is not an easy machine to start with, IMHO. I hope that you will find a mentor to provide some OJT in the field. Best of luck and be patient.
HH
dts

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Faithx, welcome from near AA michigan. You have your work cut out for you learning on that thing. However, I bought one too. It has a learning curve that is a little steep but it is important to practice as much as possible. I work near you. Willing to meet perhaps when this virus thing cools down. Wondering if you have tried to make it ping? If so, what do you think of it so far?

OP
OP
Faithx

Faithx

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2020
Taylor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow guys THANK YOU so much, I had no idea I would be welcomed so warmly..ty ty..My background is comp science, huge gamer..I used to go metal detecting when I was a kid, now @ 48 very much loving to get back into it. I'm in the Taylor MI area, very much wanting to travel and go detecting.
Yes I did go out in the back yard to give it a go, found a piece of aluminum about 7-8 down. I can't wait for the "Virus" to pass and get out there. I prob went a little overboard lol..Bought the nox 800, Garrett carrot, carbon fiber shaft, Dragon egg MKII backpack, Whites edge digger, Anaconda nx-5 shovel. IMG_0957.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread