Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
check out the club in Santa Rosa.

And yes you're right: Lots of history up your way. I've found silver in the old parks up in the cities up your way. However, I have to add: A lot of md'ing competition, such that the "obvious" spots have long since been pounded, researched, etc.... Go figure: San Rafael is the Whites west coast home-base, so there's been md'r hobbyist up there even back into the 1960s.

Vpbrian

Feb 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I'm in Santa rosa and new to this. Less then a week just got my first detector thursday

Vpbrian

Feb 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've logged a whopping about 5 hours in two days. But I have found a lot of clad , 1906 Indian wheat ,1917 liberty merc

silverdimes

Nov 11, 2012
Russian River area
Detector(s) used
1, MP3 PRO
2, Garrette AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im interested in doing some rellic detecting! Been detecting for three years now and Ive had some cool finds here in sonoma county. you just need to research the local history. most of the places I really want to do are on privete property and not many people are willing to let people detect. sadly the river is just to full of pull tabs and garbage so its mostly a bust. Some times you get lucky but its just not for me. i like to get out in the woods, some creeks, old loging roads, orchards. I've found a bronz barrel tap from the 1800's. a marine corps spanish american war bucle, few 1800's coins, lots of silver dimes, 2 gold rings, musket ball. let me know if anyon wants to come out and find some treasures? Im disabled so I take it easy and don't go to far out.

SweetCorn

Oct 2, 2016
East Bay, CA
Detector(s) used
Excal 2, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been coming up through Santa Rosa and hunting the state beaches to the west. The past month has been great for camping with good weather (until now!) and no crowds. I've also done some day trips to the coast. I usually leave after AM rush hour (10ish) get to my spot and hunt until dark, then drive home after rush hour.

Any of you know anything about hunting on Mare Island? I've seen some old threads about that place. Not sure about access however.

Russoca

Jan 31, 2019
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT E-Tracker, Nokta Macro Simplex+
Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Sonoma/Petaluma area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread