Looking for help in writing a story

toguspyder

May 23, 2023
Acworth, Ga
I'm currently working on a story that follows two friends who stumble upon a captivating Confederate treasure map. The twist is that they have absolutely no knowledge or experience in the realm of treasure hunting. Their lack of expertise becomes a significant obstacle throughout their journey and leads to various complications and challenges. I've chosen the northwest Atlanta area, encompassing Marietta, Kennesaw, Acworth, and nearby locations, as the backdrop for their adventure.

In order to make the story engaging and relatable, I'm aiming to blend factual elements with a touch of drama and flair, reminiscent of a "poor man's National Treasure" vibe. However, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in suggesting general locations or local legends that could be woven into the narrative. Furthermore, any insights or ideas on how their lack of treasure-hunting knowledge could hinder them and create problems along the way would be immensely helpful. Thank you kindly for your support!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Once upon a time, a long time ago" .....

Just kidding, best of luck with your writings.

EKG

Mar 19, 2017
From Germany but in South America at the moment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently working on a story that follows two friends who stumble upon a captivating Confederate treasure map. The twist is that they have absolutely no knowledge or experience in the realm of treasure hunting. Their lack of expertise becomes a significant obstacle throughout their journey and leads to various complications and challenges. I've chosen the northwest Atlanta area, encompassing Marietta, Kennesaw, Acworth, and nearby locations, as the backdrop for their adventure.

In order to make the story engaging and relatable, I'm aiming to blend factual elements with a touch of drama and flair, reminiscent of a "poor man's National Treasure" vibe. However, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in suggesting general locations or local legends that could be woven into the narrative. Furthermore, any insights or ideas on how their lack of treasure-hunting knowledge could hinder them and create problems along the way would be immensely helpful. Thank you kindly for your suppor

In order to make the story engaging and relatable, I'm aiming to blend factual elements with a touch of drama and flair, reminiscent of a "poor man's National Treasure" vibe. However, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in suggesting general locations or local legends that could be woven into the narrative. Furthermore, any insights or ideas on how their lack of treasure-hunting knowledge could hinder them and create problems along the way would be immensely helpful. Thank you kindly for your support!

hello use AI tools like ToolBaz thats an AI writer tool googel it this will help you a lot
questions about treasure hunting etc ask AI Chat GPT good luck

OP
OP
T

toguspyder

May 23, 2023
Acworth, Ga
hello use AI tools like ToolBaz thats an AI writer tool googel it this will help you a lot
questions about treasure hunting etc ask AI Chat GPT good luck
Thank you, but unfortunately, AI seems it does not like to speculate on rumors or legends about Confederate gold. I know there was some mention in the north Atlanta area, but I can't seem to narrow down the area to come up with some locations.

Michael Karpovage

Jul 30, 2010
Roswell, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab 3030 CTX
Hi toguspyder, fellow author here from Roswell, GA. I wrote a mystery thriller called Map of Thieves that is set here in Georgia. Has Confederate history, action-adventure, treasure hunt scenario, Cherokee Indian legend, sex, violence, all the good qualities for a Rated-R movie. ;-). That's a fiction book. 2nd in my series.

However, I have searched for – and we FOUND - treasure coins and relics from the famous Confederate treasure wagon train robbery that occurred on the night of May 25, 1865 on the Moss Plantation up in the Graball, GA area. We spent two years under contract with the private owner. Our pieces are now in the Washington, GA museum on display. We did find silver, but no gold, damnit!! Still, we think it's the first recorded discovery on this specific incident that has gone public. Almost every other treasure hunter goes to the wrong spot – the Chenault House – based on 'misinformation.' We debunked that easily. I'll be doing a podcast interview soon with various media to discuss this treasure hunt. And really some day I need to write a book on it.

Here's the PDF of our story. It's also posted on TreasureNet too under its own topic where you can see the treasure we found: https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/lost-confederate-treasure-announcement.671663/

But, I'd love to offer some help if I could, depending on my time, as I run my own business. http://www.karpovagecreative.com/

Michael

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread